Home>Support>SiteOrigin Editor – Visual Not Working

SiteOrigin Editor – Visual Not Working

Hi, after i adding in the SiteOrigin Editor widget, at the visual tab is empty and not function,

I am using WordPress 4.3, Black Studio TinyMCE Widget 2.2.6, Page Builder by SiteOrigin 2.1.5, SiteOrigin Widgets Bundle 1.4.2, TinyMCE Advanced 4.2.3.1.

Please advise.

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 9 years, 1 month ago josephnwy

PS: visual tab is empty: i mean all the TinyMCE button and functions is not showing.

2. 9 years, 1 month ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Josephnwy

Thanks for reaching out.

Please go to Users, click on your account and make sure the Visual tab isn’t disabled. If that doesn’t help, please try testing with with TinyMCE Advanced de-activated.

Let us know how that goes.

3. 9 years, 1 month ago josephnwy

Hi, TinyMCE Advanced de-activated, the visual is working now, but content inside after save, the next time edit display empty, copy paste is not working.

4. 9 years, 1 month ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

If you’re using a child theme, please, try testing with the parent theme activated.
    Run all pending updates at Dashboard > Updates.
    After that, run a plugin conflict test. Details to follow.

5. 9 years, 1 month ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

This sounds like it could be a plugin conflict issue. Can you try disabling all non-SiteOrigin plugins and see if this fixes the issue? If it does fix the issue, then try re-enabling your plugins one by one until the issue comes back. This procedure will help diagnose which plugin is causing the issue.

Once we know that, we’ll be able to look at what might be causing the conflict and either solve the problem or help you find an alternative plugin.

6. 9 years, 1 month ago josephnwy

I found the solutions. everything is done. just do a little config in wp-config.php.

7. 9 years, 1 month ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Super. Really glad to hear you made progress. Thanks for the update.

All the best.

8. 9 years, 1 month ago josephnwy

i test all plugin, re-activated all now, all work normal. no idea which plugin conflict. Thank you.

9. 9 years, 1 month ago josephnwy

Just only 1 thing, the code i add to wp-config.php must disable it if want to customize theme.

10. 9 years, 1 month ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks for the feedback.

If the issue resolves when de-activating all non-SiteOrigin plugins then the most important part of the test is slowly re-activating, one by one, testing the problem each time after activation. It’s slow but the only way to find the conflict.

Not quite sure what wp-config edit you mentioned. Let me know if you need any further help and I’ll jump in :)

11. 9 years, 1 month ago josephnwy

I add this

define(‘CONCATENATE_SCRIPTS’, false);

Hope can help your guys for improvement.

12. 9 years, 1 month ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

I’m not quite sure why that was required. It’s not something we’ve ever come across before. If you’re happy to leave it there then that’s cool.

13. 9 years, 1 month ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Alternatively we could try testing without that constant in wp-config and all non-SiteOrigin plugins de-activated.

14. 9 years, 1 month ago josephnwy

without this code the visual is not working at all.
    with this code Theme Customize not functions.

so need on and off during editing.

15. 9 years, 1 month ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

That’s not ideal at all.

Have you tested with that constant removed from wp-config AND all non-SiteOrigin plugins OFF?

Also, can you confirm, if you go to Users and click on your account. The first checkbox that says to disable the Visual Editor is that disabled?

16. 9 years, 1 month ago josephnwy

1. Profile checkbox not checked.
    2. Disable all plugin still cannot function.

i have try 1 by 1 plugin before i input the code to wp-config.php, still fail.

17. 9 years, 1 month ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Josephnwy

Would it be possible for you to create a temporary admin account for us so we can log in and take a look? You can create the account with the following email address:

[email protected]

Just navigate to Users > Add New in your WordPress admin. Enter siteorigin for the username and [email protected] for the email address. Make sure you’ve selected Administrator for the role and enabled the “Send Password” field so we receive the details.

Once we’re finished taking a look, you can delete this account. We’ll let you know when to do that.

18. 9 years, 1 month ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

If possible, could we check the site with the constant removed from wp-config so we can see the Visual editor happen. Thanks :)

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More