Home>Support>Siteorigin – Contact Form

Siteorigin – Contact Form

By aaeMedia, 8 years ago. Last reply by Alex S, 8 years ago.

Hello,

I am using the vantage theme + site origin page builder. I am using the contact form widget as well, and I have several fields. The form functions and all, but I am trying to adjust how it appears in the inbox.

Right now it just says:

Address:
891 Woburn Boulevard
City:
Haverhill
State:
Massachusetts
Zip Code:
Select Products:
50L, 60L

My problem is that I have separate Name fields for first and last name, but when the email comes in, I only get the last name. Is there a way to customize the data/fields that appears in the body of the email?

Thank you!
Mike

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 8 years, 6 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Mike,

Unfortunately, you cannot customize the form in that way at this time. I’m not too sure why the first name field isn’t being included. Could you please send me an export for this widget? To do this open up the page with the widget, and click prebuilt layouts. Then click import / export and then click download. Please upload the export to a 3rd party file hosting site such as teknik.io.

I’ve marked this thread as a feature request. We often look through these threads to get ideas for what to add in our future updates. Hopefully, we’ll be able to add this in a future update. If you need this urgently, you could always post a job on Codeable.

2. 8 years, 6 months ago aaeMedia

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your response. I did an export for the page with the contact form widget — https://u.teknik.io/JdjHa.json

That would be fantastic to see in a future update. For now, I may try and post a job on codeable.
    Let me know if you have any other suggestions or ideas.

Thank you,
    Mike

3. 8 years, 6 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Mike,

You’ve come across a bug. I’ve reported it here. While this issue persists, you’ll have to switch one of the name fields to a text field. Sorry about this!

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More