Home>Support>Site Origin Widgets – multiple file .css ‘404 Not Found’?

Site Origin Widgets – multiple file .css ‘404 Not Found’?

Hi all,

When we don’t access the wordpress backend for a long time sometimes it happens that many .css files of our site have the status of ‘404 Not Found’. Then we just need to access the backend to get the site back in order.
How do we avoid this problem?

Here is the console error:
sow-headline-default-78c0b1865ec5-56852.css:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 ()
sow-headline-default-ad2fcd2b71fa-56852.css:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 ()
sow-headline-default-696969b92275-56852.css:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 ()
sow-headline-default-09ee34647aa2-56852.css:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 ()
sow-hero-default-92da675ae594-56852.css:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 ()
sow-hero-default-d822a8cbdb92-56852.css:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 ()
sow-hero-default-14385a732250-56852.css:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 ()
sow-image-default-d6014b76747a-56852.css:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 ()
sow-button-wire-6b6012caf5b0-56852.css:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 ()
sow-button-wire-c475b5ee1ff8-56852.css:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 ()
sow-button-wire-6b0de98189df.css:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 ()
sow-button-wire-fbc7487fbe10-56852.css:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 ()
sow-button-wire-63b7d9641b44-56852.css:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 ()

WordPress version: 5.6.2
SiteOrigin Widgets Bundle version: 1.23.0
Page Builder by SiteOrigin version: 2.13.1

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 2 years, 11 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Gianfranco

Thanks for reaching out.

Our guess is that this is a caching issue. The Widgets Bundle has cleared its cache but the caching plugin is still referring to those files. Could you perhaps see if your caching/optimization plugin offers a cache expiration setting? If so, please, could you let us know the value that’s set? Thanks again.

2. 2 years, 11 months ago Gianfranco Melcarne

Hi,
    the wordpress plugin we use to manage the cache is WP-Optimize Premium 3.1.12.
    The caching of the page is active.
    Time after which a new cached version will be generated : 24 Hours.
    Browser static file caching headers are currently disabled.
    Thanks

3. 2 years, 11 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Gianfranco,

Are you using the WP-Optimize Minify? If not, try enabling it to see if that helps. This article outlines how to enable it and how it works.

Kind regards,
    Alex

4. 2 years, 11 months ago Gianfranco Melcarne

Hi Alex,
    No, I’m not using WP-Optimize Minify for internal reasons. I know how it works, but I don’t understand how it could help overcome the problem. Kindly can you explain it to me?
    Thanks

5. 2 years, 11 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Gianfranco,

Widgets Bundle has a CSS Cache and over time its cache will be cleared and when that happens the file names change to prevent caching. The problem is that WP Optimize is still referencing those old files rather than the newer files. If you were to use a minify, the CSS would still be present in the minify cache so it’ll prevent this issue from occurring.

An alternative minify we recommend (and directly integrate with) is Autoptimize.

Kind regards,
    Alex

6. 2 years, 11 months ago Gianfranco Melcarne

Hi Alex,
    I’ll give the WP-Optimize Minify widget a try.
    Thank you

7. 2 years, 11 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Gianfranco,

Sounds good. :)
    If this issue occurs again, please let me know.

Kind regards,
    Alex

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More