Home>Support>Site Origin Page Builder

Site Origin Page Builder

Hello there people. I dont know who is all here. I have not been inside this forum here before.

Sorry to sound short but there is an issue with Site Origin Page Builder. It is completely slowing down WordPress. I don’t know if the editors of the plugin are aware of this but they do need to perform some maintenance on this particular plugin. There are a lot of unhappy people. Also a plugin with over 1M + installs i’m sure there are more than I am aware of.

Is there anyone here involed in editing this plugin available to speak with?

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 8 years, 7 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Coreyyy,

I’m sorry to hear about the issues you’ve been facing. I’ll do everything I can to help in you fix this issue as soon as possible. There’re a couple of things I have in mind that might fix this or, at least, give us a better idea of what’s going on. If we can’t figure out anything from that, then maybe if I can get temporary login details from you so I can take a look at the issue first-hand. Before we begin could you confirm if this issue is on your website, or in your WordPress admin area?

Could you try accessing your website in a different browser to see if performance improves. Ideally, navigate your site for a little while to get a feel. If there’s no improvement we can rule out a browser issue.

Let’s check the browser’s console for any JavaScript errors. Please refer to either this page for Chrome, this page for FireFox, or this page for Internet explorer. Please post your console log and I’ll check it.

Let’s try one last thing , a plugin conflict test. Can you try disabling all non-SiteOrigin plugins and see if this fixes the issue? You’ll need to clear all your caches after disabling your plugins.

If it does fix the issue, then try re-enabling your plugins one by one until the issue comes back. This procedure will help diagnose which plugin is causing the issue.

Once we know that, we’ll be able to look at what might be causing the conflict and either solve the problem or help you find an alternative plugin.

If you aren’t using a SiteOrigin theme, then you can also try temporarily switching to one of the default WordPress themes to see if the issue is theme related.

2. 8 years, 7 months ago coreyyy

Hi,

Thanks for you reply. I've been typing everything out in Microsoft word and then pasting into WordPress. It an annoyance but seems like it's the only way it will work. With the page builder plugin I am not able to type to edit my pages. Well I can but it is lagging immensely.

I don't know how to check my console for JavaScript errors. Is there a way
    I can download JavaScript or an updated version that would help this problem with the plugin?

3. 8 years, 7 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Coreyyy,

Thank you for explaining the issue. A couple of things come to mind in diagnosing what is causing the issue. To start with, could you try switching browser?

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More