Home>Support>Site origin editor not working since 5.0 upgrade

Site origin editor not working since 5.0 upgrade

Hello
I have updated to WP5.0 and am having some issues with the Editor widget – it isn’t showing the usual editing tools. I tried adding the Classic editor plug in but that didn’t help (or work itself). Pages and posts show the usual tabs, but the editor tab does not show the toolbars either.
Any existing ‘Editor’ blocks are now showing as html. I tried just working with that but it isn’t holding the content.
I had added a new page, used Gutenberg, and then went to add a teaser and link on the homepage (Vantage theme). Added image widget fine, but the Editor is basically the same now as ‘wp text’ widget.

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 5 years, 9 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Katherine

Thanks for reaching out.

It sounds like you might be having a TinyMCE problem. Unfortunately, I can’t recreate the issue. Please, try checking for a working baseline by temporarily deactivating all plugins not authored by SiteOrigin. Does the issue persist? This will let us know if there is a working baseline from which to test from.

2. 5 years, 9 months ago katherine

Hi
    Yes, it persists even when all other plugins are deactivated. I tried checking both an existing Editor widget and adding a new one in Gutenberg.
    The only plugins I am using are Caldera Forms, Modern Tribe Event Calendar,
    Duplicate page, MetaSlider, Really Simple SSL and UpdraftPlus.
    The Tiny MCE is missing when I turn on Classic Editor too.

When I updated the siteorigin plugins on another site (still in 4.9) I notice that the Editor widget switches from saying 'a rich-text editor' to
    'tinymce' at the bottom left corner.

Appreciate it if you have any ideas but think I will try to downgrade back to 4.9 in the meantime.

3. 5 years, 9 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks for the feedback. If you have a testing or a staging site still on WP 5.0, please recreate the issue and then check the browser console for errors, there will most likely be an error displaying. Here is how to do that:

https://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Your_Browser_to_Diagnose_JavaScript_Errors#Step_3:_Diagnosis

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More