Home>Support>Site Crashes on Install, HTTP Error 500

Site Crashes on Install, HTTP Error 500

When I install and activate Page Builder v2.4.15 on WordPress 4.6.1 the site crashes. I’m hosted on MidPhase and I’ve created a php.ini file with the WP_MEMORY_LIMIT set to 256M but this does not resolve the problem.

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 8 years, 9 days ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Gstephens,

Could you please enable WP_DEBUG (which will require wp-config.php to be edited) and tell me the error message that appears when installing SiteOrigin Page Builder? This will give us a better idea of what is going on.

2. 7 years, 10 months ago gstephens

I enabled WP_DEBUG in the wp-config.php, refreshed the page, removed and re-installed SiteOrigin Page Builder but no error came up. I tried it a couple of times.

3. 7 years, 10 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Gstephens,

To clarify, does this issue only occur when SiteOrigin Page Builder is active? What happens when no other plugin is active? What about when no other plugin is active and the default theme is being used?

4. 7 years, 10 months ago gstephens

Yes, this occurs only if SiteOrigin Page Builder is active. If I disable it, the problem goes away.

I deactivated all plugs, then activated Page Builder and the problem still happens.

5. 7 years, 10 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Gstephens,

Would it be possible for you to create a temporary admin account for us so we can log in and make a backup of your website for local testing? This will allow us to run extensive tests to try and find the issue without it affecting your main website anymore than it already has.

6. 7 years, 10 months ago Private Message - Alex S Hi, I Work Here

This is a private message.

7. 7 years, 10 months ago Private Message - WordPress

This is a private message.

8. 7 years, 10 months ago gstephens

The account is setup and you should have received the password.

9. 7 years, 10 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Gstephens,

I’ve tried to create a backup of your website. Due to the poor performance (read: constant timeouts and errors) when SiteOrigin Page Builder is disabled, I’ve managed to come to a conclusion that it’s very unlikely your issues are directly related to SiteOrigin Page Builder – at most, we likely just make it worse. Can you please contact your hosting provider to see if there are any large PHP error logs or any files that are causing a large amount of load? Also, please ask if anyone else on the server you’re on is experiencing poor performance.

10. 7 years, 10 months ago gstephens

Thanks. I’ll see what I can find out.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More