Home>Support>Search bar (html 5)

Search bar (html 5)

By ltd, 9 years ago. Last reply by Andrew Misplon, 9 years ago.

I think the mobile version does not show the search function inside the nav menu. (Vantage-Premium theme)

I decided to add a search widget (wordpress’s default search, I assume) with Max Mega Menu plugin. Now I see it in the mobile version (Nexus5).

Then I read this…

Take Full Control of Your Theme’s Default Search Form

Can someone let me know if this a case of Vantage using html 4 instead of html5? (I’m not sure I fully comprehend the article…)

I want to style the search input form to look like the theme’s original search bar. I prefer it to stay within the Panel but I want to have it stretch across the whole panel.

Can anyone help me. I did try but so far no luck…

URL: http://crc.canadianpatriot.org

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 9 years, 5 months ago Daniel
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Luc

That’s odd the search function is available for mobile too. Would you mind deactivating the plugin installed so that I check where the issue might be?

Looking forward to hearing from you

Cheers

2. 9 years, 5 months ago ltd

Ok. I disabled Max Mega Menu. The Search bar is there now.

3. 9 years, 5 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Luc

There is a Vantage search bar in the mobile menu. Would you perhaps like to style that search field? If so, insert the following under Appearance > Custom CSS:

.mobile-nav-frame form.search input[type=search] {
      background: #E0E0E0;
      color: red;
    }

.mobile-nav-frame form.search input[type=search]::-webkit-input-placeholder {
       color: red;
    }

That’ll let you set the search background and text color. Perhaps that’ll help.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More