Home>Support>Row Padding setting ignored after update to 2.4.23

Row Padding setting ignored after update to 2.4.23

Hi!

First of all, thanks for making our work easier with your awesome plugins.

I’ve really appreciated the new “mobile padding” setting, however since I’ve update to PB 2.4.23 all my websites just ignore the padding/mobile padding settings.

I’ve managed to temporarily solve the issue by copying the padding setting to the row Attribute CSS Style: it’s a bit annoying, but at least it works!

My setup:
WP latest (4.7.2)
Custom theme based on _s (which just has some minimum styling for header & footer)
Widget Bundle
YOAST SEO
ACF PRO
CPT UI
Shield
and that’s it

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 7 years, 8 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Frafor,

This should be resolved in the latest update for SiteOrigin Page Builder, 2.4.24. Can you please try updating to that version to see if that helps?

2. 7 years, 8 months ago frafor

Hi Alex, thanks for the reply!

It seems to work better now for rows. However, if I have a widget in a row and I apply a padding to the widget, then the widget padding is still being ignored. No problem if I copy the padding setting to the widget CSS though.

I’m sure you’ll fix this on the next release. Waiting for it!

3. 7 years, 8 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Frafor,

I can’t seem to replicate that issue. Do you have a public URL where we can take a look at what’s going on?

4. 7 years, 8 months ago frafor

Hi Alex!

For now I cannot provide the link as we’re working on the page and it may change. However I managed to get a screenshot from our layout, you can find it here

http://imgur.com/a/0AYxa

We have a custom padding on the Headline widget, and another custom padding in the Button widget.

I investigated further and this is what’s happening: the Button widget padding boxes generates rules with the same selectors, so there are two CSS inline rules with identical selectors:

This rule is generated by the Headline widget padding boxes

#panel-2-5-1-0 > .panel-widget-style {
    padding: 90px 25px 125px 25px;
    }

This rule is generated by the Button widget padding boxes

#panel-2-5-1-0 > .panel-widget-style {
    padding: 0 0 20px 0;
    }

The Button widget rules come after the others in the inline CSS, so the Headline rules are being overwritten by the browser.

The Widget’s Custom CSS box instead generates more specific widget-tied rules, and that’s why it always works.

A solution would be to generate more specific rules from the widget padding setting too.

I hope that what I wrote it’s clear. :-)

5. 7 years, 8 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Frafor,

Okay, I’ve been able to replicate this issue. This will be fixed in the next update. Sorry about this!

6. 7 years, 7 months ago frafor

No problem Alex, I’m happy to contribute somehow, as this plugin and your work help me every day :)

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More