Home>Support>Row Alignment: 2 widgets in one row – solid background

Row Alignment: 2 widgets in one row – solid background

Hi Andrew, et. al:

Vantage Premium with Pagebuilder. Both current.

Issue with the Top Row below Menu on: see issue URL
Title to Left – Logo Image to right
Row had two widgets:
Left Widget: SiteOrigin Headline, with a Headline and a Subhead
Right Widget: SiteOrigin Image, containing a graphic logo

Issue: I can’t get them to completely act like they are a single row with a solid lower border. Both have black backgrounds. I’ve adjust the padding on the row, each widget, specifically the right one, to attempt to get them to line up. But they don’t.

What’s the trick? How to you make a two widget row, with one titel text and the other an image to act like a solid row background?

Thanks again,

HG

URL: http://www.tomgoetschius.dreamhosters.com/hiring-mra/

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 9 years, 11 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi HG

Is the row setup to your liking on desktop? Is it just the responsive nature that you’re tackling now?

2. 9 years, 11 days ago HunterGatherer

This is still a problem on Chrome and Firefox. Haven’t checked Safari or IE.

3. 9 years, 11 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Sorry, I’m not quite sure where the problem is in Chrome on desktop, is it the vertical alignment of each element you want to change?

4. 9 years, 11 days ago HunterGatherer

I’ve changed a setting to exaggerate the problem. See:
    http://www.tomgoetschius.dreamhosters.com/hiring-mra/

No matter how I set the layout> padding, the two widget backgrounds never completely line up on the lower horizontal edge (bottom).

HG

5. 9 years, 11 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

It would be much easier to set the background color on the row and not the widgets.

6. 9 years, 11 days ago HunterGatherer

I thought I had done that first. That’s why the question.

Thanks…

7. 9 years, 11 days ago HunterGatherer

By the way. What do you think of the design I got using Vantage and PageBuilder? How does this compare with what you’ve seen out there?

HG

8. 9 years, 11 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Nicely done :) Looking and functioning much better now.

I’m liking this layout. Solid work.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More