Home>Support>Resize Sidebar

Resize Sidebar

By akogak, 7 years ago. Last reply by Alex S, 7 years ago.

Hello,

I’m using Vantage theme. I wanted to resize the sidebar to make it a little larger with the following added to Custom CSS:
/* Narrow Sidebar */
body.has-sidebar #secondary {
width: 28%;
}

body.has-sidebar #primary {
width: 65%;
}
/* End Narrow Sidebar*/

This works great for the desktop but compresses the page on mobile devices. How can I adjust the sidebar size without affecting mobile display?

Thank you.
Anthony

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 7 years, 3 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Akogak

I would recommend using the following CSS instead:

@media (min-width: 681px){
    	 /* Content area */
    	.page-template-default #primary, #primary, .woocommerce-page #container {
    		width: 71.287%;
    	}

/* Sidebar */
    	#secondary {
    		width: 23.762%;
    	}
    }

/* Allow for full width templates to continue working */
    .page-template-home-panels #primary, .page-layout-no-sidebar #primary, .page-layout-full-width #primary {
    	width:  100% !important;
    }

You might also need to install the SiteOrigin CSS Editor.

2. 7 years, 3 months ago akogak

Thank you. It works great! I just have one question. Can I adjust the widths to any size I want. I noticed you used ratio of 71.287% to 23.762%. Is there any reason you broke it out into 3 decimal places. Is that necessary or could I use whole numbers like 68% to 25%. Thanks again.

Anthony

3. 7 years, 3 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Anthony,

Yes, as long as the width doesn’t exceed 100% you can set any ratio you like.

To answer your question about the numbers, it’s the default theme sizing. As far as I know, there’s no specific reason for it.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More