Home>Support>Problem with image grid – not showing in WP 4.9.10

Problem with image grid – not showing in WP 4.9.10

Hi Everybody,

I have a problem I was forced to update to at least WP 4.7 so I chose the latest 4.9.10 and that forced me to update the main Page Builder to 2.10.10 but there is no update for Widgets (1.15.8). My website started to work as expected except image grids that I have.

Website page

Realizacje

Code element
[catlist name=hotele template=realizacje excerpt=yes thumbnail=yes excerpt_strip=no thumbnail_size=thumbnail numberposts=-1]

Please help o mighty people!

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 5 years, 23 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi PW

Thanks for posting.

Please, could you let us know the author and name of the widget concerned so we can take a look?

2. 5 years, 22 days ago PW

I do not know what do you mean by asking:
    “let us know the author and name of the widget concerned so we can take a look?”
    It is my site.

3. 5 years, 21 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Each widget in your WordPress installation is added by either the WordPress core, a theme or a plugin. For example, the SiteOrign Image Grid widget is added by the SiteOrigin Widgets Bundle. Jetpack has its own set of widgets, the WordPress core adds its own set of widgets. To assist with the problem we’ll need to inspect the code of the widget that isn’t working. Where can we find this widget? Is it added by your theme or by a plugin?

4. 5 years, 18 days ago PW

It is added via plugin. Both I provided above.

5. 5 years, 18 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi PW

The shortcode [catlist name=hotele template=realizacje excerpt=yes thumbnail=yes excerpt_strip=no thumbnail_size=thumbnail numberposts=-1] isn’t created by a SiteOrigin plugin that I’m aware of. Which plugin added this widget?

6. 5 years, 18 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Is this perhaps the plugin used for the shortcode? https://wordpress.org/plugins/list-category-posts/. Please, see the link, the shortcode appears to match the format.

7. 5 years, 10 days ago PW

Yes this plugin is ON

“List category posts”

You think this is the issue I’m facing?

8. 5 years, 10 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi, you’d need to test a bit to locate the issue. Does this same shortcode output on a normal page without using Page Builder? Does this shortcode output if you insert it into a Text widget into a theme widget area, either sidebar or footer?

9. 5 years, 10 days ago PW

Sorry I do not understand.

10. 5 years, 10 days ago PW

This code is used in an article using SiteOrigin.

11. 5 years, 10 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Sure, no problem.

Go to PagesAdd New, insert the shortcode, does it work there?

Go to AppearanceWidgets, insert a Text widget into your Sidebar, insert the shortcode into that Text widget, does it work in your sidebar?

12. 5 years, 10 days ago PW

SiteOrigin Editor widget to be exact.

13. 5 years, 10 days ago PW

On the site no effect. So it looks that plugin is not working not yours.

14. 5 years, 10 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Please, see my advice above for testing the shortcode in a new page without Page Builder and in a theme widget area. Thanks :)

15. 5 years, 10 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks for your feedback. I recommend troubleshooting the problem in it’s simplest form. Once the shortcode is working in a classic editor page you can then try it in Page Builder again.

Hope you’re able to make progress soon.

16. 5 years, 10 days ago PW

I did that blank page content, when I disable te plugin I get text output.

http://onlyfloor.pl/test/

17. 5 years, 10 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Did you insert the shortcode on this test page? Does it work?

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More