Home>Support>Post Loop Widget

Post Loop Widget

Hi All,

How do I find the Post Loop Widget using a combination of Vantage Premium, the Widgets Bundle, and PageBuilder? It does not appear on the Widgets page.

Thanks,

HG/mws

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 7 years, 11 months ago HunterGatherer

Slow is slow. Come on guys. I was hoping to see an answer in four weeks.. I know I could send it through email support, but thought it would get posted here too.

2. 7 years, 11 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi HunterGatherer,

Unfortunately, it looks like this thread slipped through the cracks. We’re very sorry about not seeing it! :(

So to clarify, what widget page are you referring to? If you’re referring to WP Admin > Plugins > SiteOrigin Widgets, it won’t show up there (by design). Only SiteOrigin Widgets Bundle connected widgets will show up there and the post loop widget is a page builder widget rather than a widgets bundle widget.

If you’re referring to the add widget dialog. Maybe a plugin is preventing it from showing up. Can you try disabling all non-SiteOrigin plugins and see if this fixes the issue? You’ll need to clear all your caches after disabling your plugins.

If it does fix the issue, then try re-enabling your plugins one by one until the issue comes back. This procedure will help diagnose which plugin is causing the issue. Once we know that, we’ll be able to look at what might be causing the conflict and either solve the problem or help you find an alternative plugin.

3. 7 years, 11 months ago HunterGatherer

Thanks Alex. Found it in the PageBuilder. Couldn’t find it in the Customizer/

How do I get it to work with Custom Post Types? Will it work with them?

HG/mws

4. 7 years, 11 months ago HunterGatherer

Do you have any instructions on how to use it?

5. 7 years, 11 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi HunterGatherer,

We currently don’t have any documentation for it (that’ll change soon), but I’m definitely able to lend a hand.

Yes, the post loop widget will work with custom post types. If you haven’t already, please install the SiteOrigin Widgets Bundle to enhance the functionality (read: make it user friendly) of this widget. Once you’ve done that open the post loop widget and click Build Post Query. Select the post type field and select your custom post type. That’s all you have to do to use custom post types. :)

If you would rather not install the widgets bundle (which is totally fine), simply select your post type from the post type dropdown.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More