Home>Support>Post Carousel widget

Post Carousel widget

Hi – I added the Post Carousel block to my homepage and it works okay apart from one small issue. The first post text link works okay but the image is linking to the final post. In fact when you hover over the image you can see the final image is active.

I have tried adding the first post again, added a new test post, changed the image, turned off the loop but none of that has worked.

http://humannaturecharity-org.stackstaging.com/

This widget wasn’t bundled with the theme.

Any help appreciated.

Stuart

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 4 years, 2 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Stuart

I had a quick look around, there aren’t any obvious errors or conflicting CSS. If possible, please, check for a working baseline. If you temporarily deactivate all plugins not authored by SiteOrigin, does the hover behavior return to normal?

2. 4 years, 2 months ago Stuart Johnson

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for getting back to me. I tried disabling each of the plugins in turn but it didn't solve the issue.

I'm not particularly technical so I am not sure how to check for a working baseline. I did notice that the overlay only appears on that first image if that gives any clue to why it's behaving differently? Like I say, all the other posts in that feed work as they should with the images and text linking to the correct story. It's just the first post that has the image linking to the oldest post and the text linking correctly.

Any other ideas? I really like the plugin layout but having the first post not linking correctly means I can't use it which would be a shame.

http://humannaturecharity-org.stackstaging.com/

Stuart

3. 4 years, 2 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Stuart

Thanks for your feedback.

Please, try repeating the plugin conflict test by temporarily deactivating all non-SiteOrigin plugins in one go. A working baseline is the carousel loading/rendering/behaving normally.

4. 4 years, 2 months ago Stuart Johnson

Hi Andrew,

I turned off all but the essential plugins and the problem persists. I just had Advanced Custom Fields Pro, Page Builder by SiteOrigin and SiteOrigin's
    Widget Bundle active.

Stuart

5. 4 years, 2 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Stuart

Thanks for the feedback. The last test is to temporarily change to a default theme like Twenty Nineteen along with temporarily deactivating all non-SiteOrigin plugins. It’s worth temporarily deactivating ACF Pro too. The test should only take a minute or two to complete.

6. 4 years, 2 months ago Stuart Johnson

Hi Andrew,

The plugin works on 2019. The overlay appears on each image and the images link to the correct posts.

7. 4 years, 2 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Super, thanks. Is that a premium theme you’re using?

8. 4 years, 2 months ago Stuart Johnson

It is but we're outside the support window. I appreciate it's now an issue with the theme so I will need to look for an alternative way of displaying latest posts.

Thanks for guidance and support Andrew.

9. 4 years, 2 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Please, upload a zipped copy of the theme to a cloud storage location and send the link to [email protected]. Please, provide a brief explanation and link to this thread in the email. I’ll reply here on the forum. We’ll take a look and see if there is anything that can be done to help further.

10. 4 years, 2 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks. The theme is targetting the overlay class. Perhaps try inserting into CustomizeAdditional CSSor a location of your choosing:

.overlay { position: static !important; }
  11. 4 years, 2 months ago Stuart Johnson

Hi Andrew – what a star!!!

Many thanks for your help as that has resolved the issue. I really appreciate you taking the time to support me and help resolve this issue.

Very best wishes,

Stuart

12. 4 years, 2 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Super, glad to hear that helped. All the best with your project.

13. 4 years, 2 months ago Stuart Johnson

Cheers,

One final cheeky question? IS there a simple way of excluding the post you are viewing from the loop? I am using the post carousel on post pages and it is showing the post I am viewing in the loop. So if I could exclude the current page ID from the loop?

http://humannaturecharity-org.stackstaging.com/the-7-deadly-sins-of-writing-
    for-the-web/ As an example

14. 4 years, 2 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

The current post should be excluded automatically. We’ve logged the issue https://github.com/siteorigin/so-widgets-bundle/issues/1089. I’m not sure if the fix will make it into the upcoming Widgets Bundle update but it’ll definitely be in the following release. We’ll try for this next release though. Thanks.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More