Home>Support>Plugin Conflicts with Page Builder and Contact Form 7

Plugin Conflicts with Page Builder and Contact Form 7

Hi,

I have just updated my WordPress to the latest version 4.9, and also updated my Page Builder by SiteOrigin plugin to the latest version 2.5.16 too.

Since then the Page Builder plugin seems to be having a conflict with the Contact Form 7 plugin (latest version 4.91). When the Contact Form 7 plugin is active with the Page Builder plugin and I go to edit my Home page (front page), it just takes to me a blank grey screen. If I deactivate the Contact Form 7 plugin with Page Builder enabled then I am able to get to the Edit Page screen and make changes to the page with the Page Builder plugin.

I can make changes to all the other pages when both are enabled, just not the home page. Likewise if I try to go to Appearance -> Customise to edit the Theme, it will show a blank grey screen with them enabled together, but work with one disabled.

If I have Page Builder disabled and Contact Form 7 enabled, I am also able to edit the Home Page and the theme, it just doesn’t work with both enabled at the same time, so I know these 2 plugins are conflicting.

Is there any way to fix this up? Right now I need to disable one of the plugins to make changes to the Home Page and theme, which isn’t ideal.

Thansk

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 6 years, 10 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Roo,

Can you please enable WP_DEBUG? This will require editing wp-config.php. Once enabled, please navigate back to your page and send me an error message (which was previously blank page)? If you need help with editing wp-config.php I would recommend getting in contacgt with your hosting provider for assistaince.

2. 6 years, 10 months ago roo88

Hi Alex,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Here is the error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 40961 bytes) in
    **/plugins/siteorigin-panels/inc/admin.php on line 428

Thanks

3. 6 years, 10 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Roo88,

You need to apply a pretty hands on fix to resolve this issue. This article would be a good read as it’ll outline how to change it. You’ll need to edit wp-config.php. If you’re unfamiliar with FTP, I would recommend asking your hosting provider for help with editing this file.

4. 6 years, 10 months ago roo88

Hi Alex,

Thanks for getting back to me so quick.

I have added the WP_MEMORY_LIMIT to the wp-config file, setting it to 256MB (

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

), but that doesn’t seem to have worked. After resetting the cache in my browser, the error is still saying that the allowed memory size is 67108864 bytes, it hasn’t increased to the size I set.

Is there any other config changes I need to make?

Thanks

5. 6 years, 10 months ago roo88

Hi Alex,

I have managed to get this issue sorted. I contacted the hosting provider and had them increase the PHP Memory to 128Mb, which has fixed the issue.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Thanks

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More