Home>Support>PHP 7 Version pagebuilder disappears

PHP 7 Version pagebuilder disappears

Hi,

I switched from PHP 5.6 to PHP 7. Then the pagebuilder disappears from sites. No work possible.

I switched back to 5.6, then it appears again.

I like the PHP Version 7, because it makes my site faster.

Any Idea?

Kind regards
Gunter

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 8 years, 8 months ago adrianortiz

No issues with php 7 on my sites so far, Page Builder and widgets working great.

2. 8 years, 7 months ago Sjoerd van Heummen

Same problem here, after switching to 7 page builder disappears on pages.
    Posts keep the builder.

Back to 5.6 and the problem is gone.

3. 8 years, 7 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Everybody!

I’ve forwarded this thread onto the development team. They’ll be looking into this issue shortly.

4. 8 years, 7 months ago Greg Priday
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Everyone

I’ve heard some mixed reports, but it seems like PHP 7 can cause some plugin conflicts with other plugins. There are cases where switching to PHP 7 causes Page Builder to stop working, only when another specific plugin is active.

I’m busy setting up a PHP 7 testing environment, but in the meantime, running a plugin conflict test by disabling all non-SiteOrigin plugins to see if that fixes the issue might help identify where the issue is coming from.

5. 8 years, 7 months ago Sjoerd van Heummen

Indeed I found that it was the plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-customer-reviews/ that was conflicting with SO pagebuilder when running on php7. It made the pagebuilder tab disappear on the WP texteditor.(only pages)

6. 8 years, 7 months ago Sjoerd van Heummen

Maybe useful:
    The Forget About Shortcode Buttons button is disappearing in the same way from the editor as SO Pagebuilder. (When WP Customer reviews plugin is activated and running on php7)

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More