Home>Support>PHP 7.2 test not working with Site Origin Widgets bundle 1.15.2

PHP 7.2 test not working with Site Origin Widgets bundle 1.15.2

Hi
I just ran a test with WPengine to see how PHP7.2 will run with my site and it shows that Site Origin Widgets bundle, specifically the Hero widget doesn’t work.

All my other pages work, but the one page with the slider Hero widget doesn’t.
Do you have a fix for this?

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 5 years, 7 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Kathleen

Please, let us know the details of the PHP error, warning or notice and we’ll take a look. Thanks.

2. 5 years, 6 months ago Kathleen Verani

Here is the error:

Uncaught Error: Cannot use string offset as an array in
    /nas/content/live/wmatsumoto/wp-content/plugins/ecwd-upcoming-events/ecwd_upcoming_events_display_class.php:98\nStack trace:\n#0
    /nas/content/live/wmatsumoto/wp-content/plugins/ecwd-upcoming-events/views/widgets.php(79):
    ECWD_Upcoming_Events_Display->show_events(Array)\n#1
    /nas/content/live/wmatsumoto/wp-content/plugins/siteorigin-panels/inc/renderer.php(540):
    ECWD_Events_Widget->widget(Array, Array)\n#2
    /nas/content/live/wmatsumoto/wp-content/plugins/siteorigin-panels/inc/renderer.php(846):
    SiteOrigin_Panels_Renderer->the_widget(Array, Array, 1, 1, 1, false, true,
    36, '<div class="pan…')\n#3
    /nas/content/live/wmatsumoto/wp-content/plugins/siteorigin-panels/inc/renderer.php(806):
    SiteOrigin_Panels_Renderer->render_widget(36, 1, 1, 1, Array, true)\n#4
    /nas/content/live/wmatsumoto/wp-cont ent/plugins/siteorigin-panels/inc/renderer.php(732):
    SiteOrigin_Panels_Renderer->render_cell(36, 1, 1, Array, Array, Array)\n#5
    /nas/content/live/wmatsumoto/wp-content/plugins/ in
    /nas/content/live/wmatsumoto/wp-content/plugins/ecwd-upcoming-events/ecwd_upcoming_events_display_class.php on line 98

3. 5 years, 6 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

The errors relate to the plugin “ecwd-upcoming-events”, presumably when used in Page Builder in a location which is why there is a mention to SiteOrigin Panels which is Page Builder. Can you perhaps reach out to the plugin author/s and ask them about it?

4. 5 years, 6 months ago Kathleen Verani

thank you, I have, but I thought I'd send this your way in case you saw something different

5. 5 years, 6 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Unfortunately, not at this time. The author would need to resolve. If they have a technical question they’d like to ask us about widget usage in Page Builder, if that comes up, they can do so via https://github.com/siteorigin/siteorigin-panels.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More