Home>Support>PageBuilder no longer available on pages after update to WP 4

PageBuilder no longer available on pages after update to WP 4

Hi,
since I have installed the WP Update to version 4.0, the editor for pages doesn`t have the PageBuilder tab anymore. I can`t edit existing pages with the Page Builder, and I can`t create new ones. The only thing I have is a PageBuilder-Form at the end of the editing site with buttons like “Add Row” and “Add Widget”, but when I click on them, the site gets reloaded and nothing more is happening. In the frontend everything is ok, and the Home-Page Editor is ok too. There I can edit everything as usual.

Thx for your help!

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 10 years, 26 days ago Joris Sluiter

Hello,

I got about the same problem. After updating wordpress to 4.0 and updating PageBuilder, the PageBuilder plugin is gone and my whole website is a mess. Everything I did with the plugin is gone. Please help!

Kind regards
    Joris

2. 10 years, 26 days ago Joris Sluiter

My problem is solved, reinstalled the plugin.

Thanx anyway

3. 10 years, 26 days ago Benjamin Woch

Reinstalled it too, but no change. I still can`t edit pages with the page builder.

4. 10 years, 26 days ago Benjamin Woch

Ok, solved too, but I had to deinstall the plugin “Comprehensive Google Map Plugin” to get the editor back.

5. 10 years, 25 days ago Matthias Kühl

Heelp, I upgraded tp WP 4.0, deinstalled the Page Builder and installed the newest Version of the page Builder. My Site does not work anymore((((
    What can I do?

6. 10 years, 25 days ago Dublin-Tim

I uninstalled the plugin and reinstalled and still have the same issues.

7. 10 years, 25 days ago Matthias Kühl

Yes, I also uninstalled it and then reinstalled the plugin….I havew just a white site with some unformated text((((

8. 10 years, 25 days ago Renate Hetlevik Andersen

Same problem here…
    Installed wp 4.0 and updated the plugin and now I just have a blank form/page with the “loadingsign” spinning..
    I have tried to uninstall and reinstall, but nothing..
    Really hope you have a solution for me
    Thank you

9. 10 years, 25 days ago Matthias Kühl

My site starts in the body with:

there are no stylesheets or Jqery loading in the header…:

Home – serie a AG

ANY IDEA?

10. 10 years, 25 days ago Lorne Hopkins

Benjamin Woch is correct deinstall the plugin “Comprehensive Google Map Plugin”. That worked for me. However my Add Media button is still missing from page builder. Has anyone found a fix for that?

• 10 years, 24 days ago Greg Priday
      Hi, I Work Here

Unfortunately changes in the WordPress 4.0 content editor meant that we couldn’t keep the add media button. You can still insert image widgets and gallery widgets though. The add media button was really just a shortcut for these widgets.

Hopefully we’ll be able to fix this at some point in the future.

11. 10 years, 25 days ago Barry Eagar

Deinstalling the Comprehensive Google Map Plugin also worked for me. Is this incompatibility issue going to be fixed?

12. 10 years, 25 days ago Dunc Onesevenone

Have exactly the same issue> Not running the google map plugin though. Also had an issue with the WP update itself. Had to update through Cpanel to get it to work but now have no page builder.

13. 10 years, 25 days ago Matthias Kühl

I have no Google Map Plugin installed. What else could it be? I deactivated all other plugins…it does not work…mmmhm.

14. 10 years, 25 days ago Renate Hetlevik Andersen

Same here. Also no google map plugin. Any other plugins that could be the cause?

15. 10 years, 24 days ago Greg Priday
    Hi, I Work Here

Page Builder itself is WordPress 4.0 compatible (well, at least version 1.5.1 is). With these major WordPress updates, what often happens is that another plugin is compatible and lands up breaking Page Builder. One common cause is incompatible plugins causing Javascript errors. Can everyone check if there are any errors coming up?

http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Your_Browser_to_Diagnose_JavaScript_Errors#Step_3:_Diagnosis

Something else you can try is disabling plugins one by one to see if disabling any specific one fixes the issue.

https://siteorigin.com/troubleshooting/identifying-plugin-conflicts/

16. 10 years, 24 days ago Renate Hetlevik Andersen

Hello again
    I have done all of the above. No error comes up in Jvascript error diagnosis
    I have deaktivated all plugins, and the activated pagebuilder again as the only one. No differense.
    The page shows ok, but when I try to open it for editing/ try to edit, tha page builder is not loading.
    Also none of the widget areas is possible to acsess/open in the widget page

• 10 years, 24 days ago Andrew Misplon
      Hi, I Work Here

Hi Renate

Please could you try switching to a default WordPress theme like Twenty Fourteen and re-check the problem. Thanks.

• 10 years, 22 days ago Renate Hetlevik Andersen

Thank you.
        I tried that and it works. It seems my enfold theme was not able to keep up.
        Happy to have found a solution, though it means re-building it all in a new theme..

17. 10 years, 24 days ago Francisco Apodaca

For ME it was WORD PRESS MOBIL PACK

18. 10 years, 24 days ago Francisco Apodaca

Sure lost alot of data figuring that out , but what i ended up doing , was deactivating all my plugins and going through them three at a time , Re activating them , and trying to use the page builder over and over again , till i found it was WORD PRESS MOBILE PACK

• 10 years, 24 days ago Andrew Misplon
      Hi, I Work Here

Thanks for your feedback Francisco, appreciate it.

19. 10 years, 23 days ago Sertan Djelal

‘Comprehensive Google Map’ plugin broke my pagebuilder too. Has anyone found a good alternative to this plugin which is compatible? I’ve emailed the author but have had no response.

Thanks, SD

• 10 years, 23 days ago Andrew Misplon
      Hi, I Work Here

It’s not really comparable but I often create simple maps and embed them with the Text widget using:
      http://www.map-embed.com/

Hopefully the plugin author in question will be able to take a look in the new week.

20. 10 years, 23 days ago Richelle Foster

I’m not getting an error, I just have no content from my page builder displaying on my homepage. All of my galleries and post content etc is gone since the update… HELP
    I tried deactivating all plugins but still no luck bringing my page back to what it was. Nothing I add in page builder is showing up…

• 10 years, 23 days ago Andrew Misplon
      Hi, I Work Here

Hi Richelle

This sounds a little different. Please could you open a new support thread for us we’ll help out there.

https://siteorigin.com/new-thread/

Please provide as much information as possible. Thanks.

21. 10 years, 8 days ago Black Box Equities

Hi, I solved this problem by deactivating “CKEditor for WordPress”

• 10 years, 8 days ago Andrew Misplon
      Hi, I Work Here

Hi

Thanks for reporting that conflict. Glad to hear you made progress.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More