Home>Support>PageBuilder issue

PageBuilder issue

Me: We keep losing the SiteOrigin page builder functionality on our website. It shows it’s still installed but when we try to edit a page we don’t get the usual page builder view with widgets and such. We restored from a previous backup from a week or so ago and it worked fine. Now it’s no longer showing up. We’ve checked all plugins and disabled WP updates to no avail, we also tried changing the theme but site builder still now working.

In order to recreate the issue you can go to WP Admin – Pages – Edit on any page and scrolling down you will see such errors:

Response:
SiteGround Tech Support: Thank you for reaching our Help Desk.

I looked into the case and the issue is a conflict between the page builder plugin and Essential Grid. Disabling Essential Grid will restore the widgets.

Unfortunately, we are not able to assist with resolving such conflicts between third-party pieces of software so to investigate further, you can reach back to the developers of SiteOrigin or Essential Grid.

Regards,

Daniel Mihaylov
Technical Support Team

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 4 years, 1 month ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Stephen

If this issue arose after WP 5.5 was released you can try installing https://wordpress.org/plugins/enable-jquery-migrate-helper/ and see if that helps.

2. 4 years, 1 month ago Stephen Gault

I reinstalled the migrate helper plugin. It was the same as my previous version but for the moment it’s working. Now the other issue I have when I attempt to edit a page is this error I’m now receiving:

jQuery Migrate Helper — Warnings encountered
    This page generated the following warnings:

https://mysite/wp-content/plugins/essential-grid/admin/assets/js/admin.js: jQuery.parseJSON requires a valid JSON string
    Please make sure you are using the latest version of all of your plugins, and your theme. If you are, you may want to ask the developers of the code mentioned in the warnings for an update.

Thoughts?

3. 4 years, 1 month ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks for the update, that’s progress. The next step is to reach out to the Essential Grid authors, let them know the warning you’re seeing when using jQuery Migrate Helper and ask if they resolve the problem via an update.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More