Home>Support>Page Builder Tab Gone

Page Builder Tab Gone

Hi,
Another one of those folks whose Page Builder tab disappeared.

I did deactivate all plug ins except for Page Builder to no avail.

FWIW, it seems to be concurrent with recent activation of the Search Engine Optimization option from GoDaddy, the host provider.

I appreciate any help.

Regards,
Dave

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 7 years, 6 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Dave,

Can you please try disabling the Search Engine Optimization option to see if that helps? If that’s not possible (ie. there’s no way to disable it temporarily), please view a page that previously had Page Builder enabled and then can you please send me a copy of your console? Please refer to this guide on how to access your browser console.

2. 7 years, 6 months ago lazlodaddy

Hi Alex,
    When I try and paste the log contents and then select “Post Comments,” my reply doesn’t seem to post. Is there a trick I’m missing? I don’t see an option to upload a file.
    Thanks,
    Dave

3. 7 years, 6 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Dave,

That’s odd. Can you please create a pastebin and send me the link? Sorry about this! :(

4. 7 years, 6 months ago lazlodaddy

No Worries,
    You’re teaching me something new with each transaction. Here’s the url http://pastebin.com/igKDGGSe

FWIW, GoDaddy says their SEO thingy moves me to a new special DNS and thinks that may be where the problems are happening. They’re working on reverting me back to the old config in which case I’ll bail on their SEO and keep on keepin’ on.

I’ll let you know so you don’t have to spin your wheels.

Regards and thanks.
    Dave

5. 7 years, 6 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Dave,

Thanks. Hm. Do you have a public URL? I ask as there are quite a few syntax errors in your console which suggests that the GoDaddy SEO stuff is likely unrelated. Would it be possible for you to create a temporary admin account for us so we can log in and take a look?

6. 7 years, 6 months ago Private Message - Alex S Hi, I Work Here

This is a private message.

7. 7 years, 6 months ago lazlodaddy

Done.

8. 7 years, 6 months ago Private Message - WordPress

This is a private message.

9. 7 years, 6 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Lazlodaddy,

Sorry for the delay.
    To clarify, what page were you editing at the time when you copied the console? I can’t seem to find it.

10. 7 years, 6 months ago lazlodaddy

No worries Alex. I'm traveling out of the country so not sure how responsive I'll be either. It was Front Page.

11. 7 years, 6 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Dave,

Oddly, Page Builder is working for me without issue.

Can you please navigate to WP AdminUserYour Profile and ensure Visual Editor is not ticked (that will disable it)?

12. 7 years, 6 months ago lazlodaddy

Well, I hope this wasn't a waste of your time because it now works for me too. Maybe it took some time for the changes GoDaddy made to work its way through the internets.

Thanks for taking a look and your great support. Let me know if it's OK to delete the siteorigin user.

Be Happy. Be Healthy. Save the World!

Dave

13. 7 years, 6 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Dave,

Oh, no that’s fine – I’m just happy it works. :)
    Can you link me to the specific GoDaddy feature you were using? I want to make a note about it just in case this pops up again.

Yes, please delete the user account you created for me.

14. 7 years, 6 months ago lazlodaddy

Sure Alex. The feature is called "Search Engine Visibility." There isn't a lot of transparency into what it does. It came for free with my domain but it's an add-on feature that they'd charge for after the first year. I think that was a one-time promotion.

When you enable it, it analyzes your site and recommends ways to increase the SEO. But, it also moves your to a special dedicated DNS which overlays some information and (apparently) otherwise overrides the standard
    Wordpress configuration. That's all I know. But, "Search Engine Visibility"
    is the literal feature name.

Thanks again for the help. I will definitely be giving a positive rating on the WordPress plugin site.

Be Happy. Be Healthy. Save the World!

Dave

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More