Home>Support>Page Builder Tab doesn’t show

Page Builder Tab doesn’t show

Hi, today I just found out the page builder tab is not showing. So far the live pages (almost 2’800) look fine, but I am not able to edit thme with the pagebuilder. I guess it must be in conjunction with recent plugin update. Unfortunately I can’t remember which one could have caused this problem with page builder. All the plugins were running well together until today. What I have done so far:

– deactivated all plugins and cleared the cache except page builder -> no effect
– reinstalled page builder -> no effect
– deinstalled a plugin that I haven’t used since quite a long time -> page builder showed up on a page but disappeared after I hit the update buttom. Deinstalled another plugin -> same effect…
– I use the Plugin Page Generator Pro, interestingly page builder works on that plugin

After all these unsuccessful attempts it seems that page builder is still “alive”, however, something is causing troubles and it can’t work properly.

Could you give me an advice how I could bring page builder up to speed?

Best regards,
Phil

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 5 years, 11 months ago phil80

Addendum I:
    I recognized that page builder is shown/loading on some pages as it used to be. However, when I press the update bottom only the text tab is shown and the page builder disappears. In addition to that, if I want to create a new site only the text tab is working. It is not possible to use the visual tab… Could that be a side-effect caused by the large number of webpages (+2’800) I have in place?

2. 5 years, 11 months ago phil80

Addendum II:
    Another obersveration I made is that if I want to edit a page and page builder is not shown, I can press F5 to reload the page and after that page builder is available. So, I assume there must be something wrong in the loading process of the plugin.

3. 5 years, 11 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Phil,

I’m sorry to hear about the issue you’re facing. Thank you for providing information on what you’ve tried. At this point, we really need to inspect the issue itself to attempt to work out what is causing this issue. As such, would it be possible for you to create a temporary admin account for us so we can log in and take a look?

4. 5 years, 11 months ago Private Message - Alex S Hi, I Work Here

This is a private message.

5. 5 years, 11 months ago Private Message - WordPress

This is a private message.

6. 5 years, 11 months ago phil80

Alright, thank you very much. E-Mail is on its way, just let me know if it doesn’t arrive.

7. 5 years, 11 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Phil,

Thanks. Please disable CONCATENATE_SCRIPTS. This will require editing wp-config.php. If you need help with editing this file, please reach out to your hosting provider.

8. 5 years, 11 months ago phil80

Hi Alex,

Ok, I have disabled the CONCATENATE_SCRIPTS as you recommended. Some pages still start only with the text tab instead of the page builder. If I press F5 to reload the page the page builder shows up. Could this be fixed?

9. 5 years, 11 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Phil,

Thanks. You appear to be experiencing a PHP error. Please enable WP_DEBUG. This will require editing your wp-config.php file again.

10. 5 years, 11 months ago phil80

Hi Alex,

After enabling WP_DEBUG I got the following error msg:

[16-Oct-2018 09:52:09 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 49152 bytes) in /home/XXXXX/www/XXXXX/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1889

I found the solution how to increase the memory size here . After increasing memory size to 512M everything is up and running very well. Even after re-activating CONCATENATE_SCRIPTS.

Thanks again for your fast help even without having a premium licence. The latter has changed in the meantime :-).

11. 5 years, 11 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Phil80,

Great to hear that helped you find a solution! :)
    Thank you for your support! As you’re a premium user, you’re entitled to priority email support. If you would like to make use of that in the future, please follow the instructions found on your Page: Dashboard (please refer to the support tab).

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More