Home>Support>page builder tab disappeared

page builder tab disappeared

Hi there!

Having virtually finished my home page I moved on to another task.
On returning to that page two weeks later I find that

the page builder tab is missing from pages in which i had used page builder – leaving
just Visual and Text. I cannot therefore edit rows etc.

However the live page is just as it should be with content in the correct rows/columns.

SG Books

The tab is there when creating a NEW page but INSERT does not work so PB is
not actually working.

I have not added any plugins over the past two weeks so it would not seem that is an
issue.

I appreciate there is a new version of PB available but was reluctant to install that
in case it exacerbated the problem.

Please advise

many thanks

Stephen Reeve

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 8 years, 5 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Stevereeve,

So the issue here is that you have version 2.3.1 installed of SiteOrigin Page Builder installed. Awkwardly, this issue was fixed in version 2.3.2. The best course of action is to update to the latest version. As always, we recommend backing up your website before making a major change like updating a plugin.

2. 8 years, 5 months ago stevereeve

Thanks, Alex – I had assumed that was the situation.
    It is the loss of the structure of the page that is the problem – not the content which is easily replaced. I assume that I have probably lost the structure?
    Thanks, Steve

3. 8 years, 5 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Steve,

Basically, yes. You don’t have anything to worry about in terms of updating SiteOrigin. Our plugin hasn’t had any major data structure changes since 2.3.1. (there was one slight one but we’ve got checks in place to prevent issue)

4. 8 years, 5 months ago stevereeve

Ok, Alex … I have just installed SiteOrigin on another site so will atttempt to recreate the problem page
    on that before updating SO on the first site.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More