Home>Support>Page Builder problems

Page Builder problems

I am having problems where when I try to edit a page on my WordPress site, I now see all my code as text. If I click on “PageBuilder” it asks if I want to transfer the contents to Page Builder. If I say yes, I have lost all the formatting – eg. Font and colour – on my page.
I have cleared my browser cache, cleared LightSpeed plugin cache, cleared CloudFlare cache.
I have switched off ALL non SiteOrigin plugins. I have cleared all caches again. I have closed browsers and restarted.
The only thing I have not done is change my theme – I am using Bento.
I am too wary to change my theme as my website looks fine as long as I don’t update anything. I’m worried that changing themes might break my website completely!
I have tried adding a fresh page, using a Page builder template. Formatting is there. If I leave the page and come back, I have to reload Page Builder as before, and, as before, formatting is lost.
What can I do?

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 6 years, 4 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Suefreer,

We’ve heard of a few reports that Cloudflare’s Rocket Loader is causing issues for certain users as it’s running in WP Admin for them. Are you using Rocket Loader? If so, try temporarily disabling it to see if that helps.

2. 6 years, 4 months ago suefreer

I tried updating the post to say that I am not using Rocket Loader, but it would not let me do an update.

Other ideas?

3. 6 years, 4 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Suefreer,

Would it be possible for you to create a temporary admin account for us so we can log in and take a look at this issue?

4. 6 years, 4 months ago Private Message - Alex S Hi, I Work Here

This is a private message.

5. 6 years, 4 months ago Private Message - WordPress

This is a private message.

6. 6 years, 4 months ago suefreer

Done!
    Thank you for telling me how to do this as I had no idea.

7. 6 years, 4 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Suefreer,

Unfortunately, I can confirm you currently have Rocket Loader running. Can you please try disabling it temporarily?

For reference, you can confirm Rocket Loader is running by opening up WP Admin and viewing the page source – Rocket Loader is at the very bottom of the source.

8. 6 years, 4 months ago suefreer

Sorry for the misinformation. I had no idea.
    How do I disable it?

9. 6 years, 4 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Suefreer,

By the looks of it, you can disable Rocket Loader by opening Cloudflare and open the Performance, then set Rocket Loader to False and save.

10. 6 years, 4 months ago suefreer

Thank you. Looks like I turned that on 1 year ago in Cloudflare. I was looking at Plugins etc for Rocket Loader.

That seems to have improved things. I still seem to have at least one page that is broken and 1 that is fine. I've only looked at a couple.
    Hopefully at least, if I fix things, they won't re-break!

Is there a way to convert from text editor back to page builder without losing stuff? It seems to be that the opening tags eg. <h1> are lost in the process. THe closing tags then appear as text, giving me a clue as to what the opening tag must have been – although it also loses colours etc.

Thank you so much for your help!

11. 6 years, 4 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Suefreer,

We have an imperfect system that will import the contents of the standard WordPress editor to Page Builder and if it detects any page builder structure and widgets. Simply open the Page Builder tab and accept the prompt and it’ll try and build the page in page builder. Here’s hoping its able to recover most of it. Ideally, don’t open the Visual Mode in the editor prior to doing this as that mode has a tendency to remove things Page Builder needs to build correctly.

12. 6 years, 4 months ago suefreer

Thank you for your help Alex.

I've now looked through my site. It looks like most of the pages have recovered. I have managed to rebuild the one that didn't recover, by copying in the missing bits from elsewhere.
    I will leave the Rocket Loader turned off.
    I've turned all the other Plugins back on and everything appears to be working OK.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More