Home>Support>Page Builder Not Working
  1. 4 years, 1 month ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi

Thanks for reaching out.

Is the issue persisting on all pages?

2. 4 years, 1 month ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks for your screenshot on Twitter. There is most likely a JavaScript error on the page. Try to find a working baseline. If you temporarily deactivate all plugins not authored by SiteOrigin, does the issue persist?

3. 4 years, 1 month ago BizSite

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for checking into this. I just went through and disabled all the plugins and activated just site origin just by itself and the same thing is happening.

4. 4 years, 1 month ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks, the next step would be to temporarily activate a default theme like Twenty Nineteen and also temporarily deactivate all plugins except for those authored by SiteOrigin. In that state, does the issue persist? If so, does it persist if you create a new page?

5. 4 years, 1 month ago BizSite

Thanks for the reply, it’s not working with the new version of WordPress. I went and loaded an older backup of the website and it looks like that’s when it happened. I have been using and recommending this plugin for a while, now I will be looking for another option. I do appreciate the help. Since I did a restore, I have to make sure everything is updated properly again on my site.

6. 4 years, 1 month ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

We’ve been working in WP 5.5 for weeks, in both the Block and Classic Editors. If there is a JavaScript error on the page, produced by a theme, or the WordPress core, it’ll break Page Builder or any other plugin us JavaScript. I’ve seen numerous errors today from other plugins and themes too. Those errors break anything else on the page using JavaScript. If you’d prefer to not test with a default theme to rule out your theme producing a JavaScript error, you can check the console directly for errors, here is how. https://wordpress.org/support/article/using-your-browser-to-diagnose-javascript-errors/#step-3-diagnosis.

7. 4 years, 1 month ago BizSite

I restored the website back to a previous version and I even had my Web Site Hosting Service look at it, and it’s just not working. I am pretty sure it is because of the WordPress update. I really liked your product, I would just have to find something else now. Its not worth it for me to troubleshoot this. Thanks. I will try again once an updated version is available.

8. 4 years, 1 month ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi, thanks for your reply. At the moment, there aren’t any pending issues for Page Builder related to WordPress 5.5. All of the issues we’ve worked through today are as a result of themes and plugins producing JavaScript errors which in turn break anything else on the page using JavaScript. Page Builder isn’t broken in WordPress 5.5. If you’d rather not troubleshoot the issue, you can try installing https://wordpress.org/plugins/enable-jquery-migrate-helper/. It isn’t necessary for any plugins authored by SiteOrigin but could help to resolve a theme or plugin JavaScript error. jQuery Migrate was removed from WordPress 5.5.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More