Home>Support>Page Builder not working

Page Builder not working

I am new to WordPress and SiteOrigin Page Builder so please bear with me. I have read the (now closed) thread Page Builder not working:

pluginplugin-page-buildertechnical
By Antrodtrinidad, 6 months ago. Last reply by Alex S, 6 months ago.”

My issue sounds kind of similar. I installed Page Builder and the Widget Bundle. I am using one of the default themes from my web host. The Page Builder tab appears but not the Page Builder interface. When I click the tab I get a message “Would you like to copy this editor’s existing content to Page Builder?” I click ‘yes’ but still the interface doesn’t appear. I have tried deactivating ALL other plugins and I have cleared my own browser’s cache (browser is MS Edge). It makes no difference There is nothing in my Dashboard which allows clearing the server side cache.

I created a new page in case it wouldn’t work on a page with existing content but that didn’t help either.

I feel sure this is a beginner’s error but please can someone advise?

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 6 years, 3 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi RWaldrene,

Cloudflare’s Rocket Loader is causing issues for certain people. Are you using Cloudflare / Rocket Loader? If so, please exclude WP Admin from Cloudflare. The linked article title isn’t directly related to this error, but the provided instructions in the article will tell you how to disable Cloudflare in the WP Admin directory.

2. 6 years, 3 months ago RWaldrene

Thanks Alex. I am not using Cloudflare nor Rocket Launcher. I have since discovered that I can use Page Builder provided that I click on the PB tab from Text view. It will not appear if starting from the Visual view. Strange but I can at least use it at last.

3. 6 years, 3 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi RWaldrene,

That’s odd. Unfortunately, I can’t seem to replicate this. Can you please send me a copy of your console when you click the Visual View? Please refer to this guide on how to access your browser console.

4. 6 years, 3 months ago RWaldrene

Hi Alex
    How do I upload a copy of the console view (I have copied it to the clipboard)? If I select img above it asks for the URL of the image.
    Thanks Robin

5. 6 years, 3 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Robin,

You can either paste the contents of the copy here (or Pastebin) or upload a screenshot of the contents to a third party image hosting site like Imgur or vgy.me.

6. 6 years, 3 months ago RWaldrene

Hi Alex
    Here’s the Console view. https://imgur.com/a/oRsZ6cU
    I opened the edit screen of the page in WP and it opened in Visual. I clicked on the Page Builder tab and it asked to copy to Page Builder which I did. However, it just jumps back to Visual all the time. Sometimes if I navigate away to a different page and then return, it opens in the PB view (but sometimes not). However, if I go to the PB tab from the Text tab, it works fine.

Robin

7. 6 years, 3 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Robin,

Thanks. The provided console screenshot isn’t a sign of any issues that could cause the issue you’re facing. To confirm, does this issue affect all pages or just one specific page?

Would it be possible for you to create a temporary admin account for us so we can log in and take a look?

8. 6 years, 3 months ago Private Message - Alex S Hi, I Work Here

This is a private message.

9. 6 years, 3 months ago RWaldrene

Done it Alex. You should have the password now. Just off to have some lunch.

10. 6 years, 3 months ago Private Message - WordPress

This is a private message.

11. 6 years, 3 months ago RWaldrene

Do you mean to reset the password for the siteorigin username? If so, do I do that now or wait until you have finished analysing the situation?

12. 6 years, 3 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi RWaldrene,

Thanks – the email you received was the automated email from your website.
    I can’t seem to replicate this issue. Are you able to replicate this issue in another browser or on another computer?

13. 6 years, 3 months ago RWaldrene

Hi Alex
    Overnight the browser possibility drifted into my mind. I am currently using Edge which I must say doesn’t seem to work seamlessly with my antivirus. Think I’ll try it with Chrome or Firefox or even the dreaded IE. I can also try it on another computer. Will report back.

14. 6 years, 3 months ago RWaldrene

Hi Alex
    Having had a power cut here, earlier in the day, I have now completed the checks and resolved that the issue is sporadic but only appears to occur when editing pages through the Edge browser.
    I presume the solution is just to use a different browser?
    May I now delete the siteorigin WP user?

15. 6 years, 3 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi RWaldrene,

Thank you for the information – that’s an odd one!
    I’ve logged this as a bug, so sadly yes, the current suggestion would be to use a different browser. Sorry!

Yes, please delete that created user.

16. 6 years, 3 months ago RWaldrene

Thank you for your attention to this, Alex. I agree that it is odd but it is not the only instability I have found with Edge, although it does load pages very fast. I was thinking of changing browser anyway.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More