Home>Support>Page Builder issue

Page Builder issue

I have just installed SiteOrigin Page Builder and when creating new pages it works fine, however when I try to edit an existing page that I have never used Page Builder with all I get is a strange window:
Picture
Any help would be appreciated.

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 8 years, 2 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Kestrel,

To clarify, do you have the latest version of WordPress installed?

This sounds like it could be a plugin conflict issue. Can you try disabling all non-SiteOrigin plugins and see if this fixes the issue? You’ll need to clear all your caches after disabling your plugins.

If it does fix the issue, then try re-enabling your plugins one by one until the issue comes back. This procedure will help diagnose which plugin is causing the issue.

Once we know that, we’ll be able to look at what might be causing the conflict and either solve the problem or help you find an alternative plugin.

If you aren’t using a SiteOrigin theme, then you can also try temporarily switching to one of the default WordPress themes to see if the issue is theme related.

2. 8 years, 2 months ago Kestrel

Hi Alex,
    Thanks for the reply.
    I was using a child theme of Make by The Theme Foundry and thought I would change the theme to one of the standard WordPress themes. I tried editing an existing page and it worked fine, so I then re-enabled the Make child theme and tried to edit another page that I hadn’t previously touched. The silly thing is, this worked OK, so I tried another just to make sure and it all seems to be working correctly. It was obviously just the changing of the theme and then changing back again that fixed it. Not something I am going to try and figure out, but to be thankful that it worked.
    Thanks for suggesting changing the theme.
    Great job.
    Glyn (AKA Kestrel)

3. 8 years, 2 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Glyn,

That’s odd. Glad you resolved it though! If it happens again try changing to the parent theme to see if that resolves it.

4. 8 years, 2 months ago Kestrel

Hi Alex,
    Thats strange, that was going to be my next move if putting it back to the child theme hadn’t worked. Great minds think alike, although I am sure yours is greater than mine LOL.
    Many thanks
    Glyn

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More