Home>Support>page builder editor is gone after update wp 4.9

page builder editor is gone after update wp 4.9

I am using page builder with sydney theme and i love it! After update to wp 4.9 the page builder editor button is gone on all pages, and i can only edit pages in tekst mode. Visual mode is also not working. I have checked settings and content cache is disabled. Page builder is version 2.5.15 and i can`t see any update for it. I hope you can help me, greetings twannie

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 6 years, 10 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Twannie,

Unfortunately, there’s currently a WordPress bug that affects a few specific WordPress languages (NL_nl-formal being one of them) that will break everything that uses JavaScript in the editor (including WordPress itself). This issue isn’t something we can prevent as it’s a core issue (and it’s not designed to be overridden by plugins) so your only option to avoid this, for the time being, is to change the website language to the non-formal version of the language or rollback WordPress to 4.8.3. The latter isn’t something we recommend as it can result in major issues if done incorrectly.

​For the former, please navigate to WP AdminSettingsGeneral and adjust the Site Language.

For reference, you can find information about this issue by clicking here.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More