Home>Support>Page Builder bug on 5.0.1?

Page Builder bug on 5.0.1?

Creating a new page using the dropdown option (SiteOrigin Page Builder) works but when you hit Publish when there’s no widgets, it defaults to Gutenberg. Adding a widget and then publishing would keep the builder after page reload. Is this how it’s supposed to work or is it a bug?

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 5 years, 9 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Cim209,

Are you using the latest version of SiteOrigin Page Builder 2.9.7? I ask as this should no longer happen as of that update.

2. 5 years, 9 months ago cim209

Hello Alex,

Yes it is updated to the current version of 2.9.7.

3. 5 years, 9 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Cim209,

Sorry, my mistake. I had misread what you were saying and thought it the opposite was happening (Gutenberg to Classic Editor rather than Classic Editor to Gutenberg).

I’ve logged this with the development team. To avoid this, you’ll need to add either a widget or two to your page or enable the Classic Editor for new pages. For the latter, please navigate to WP AdminSettingsPage Builder and open the General tab. Tick Use Classic Editor for new posts and save.

4. 5 years, 9 months ago cim209

Yes that’s what I’ve been doing, just reporting this since it might be a bug.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More