Home>Support>Page Builder 2 & WP-Members

Page Builder 2 & WP-Members

I note from other threads and from personal experience that Page Builder and WP-Members do not co-exist (blocked pages are not blocked by WP-Members if built with Page Builder).

Can you advise if this will be resolved as part of Page Builder 2 development?

If YES I will make do with a quick and dirty solution till it is released. but if not then I will have to look for a more elegant solution. Alternatively is there a fix available to address this problem now??

Chris

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 9 years, 9 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Chris

Thanks for reaching out.

The fix previously advised will be included in Page Builder 2.0.

If you’re referring to the fix offered in this child theme: https://siteorigin.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/vantage-child-wp-members-fix.zip. It’ll be the same solution included in Page Builder 2. 0. It’s done in a solid manner. That is to say, I wouldn’t think of it as quick and dirty. It’s a function that offers compatibility between the two plugins.

2. 9 years, 9 months ago ChrisA

Hi Andrew
    I definitely didn’t mean to imply that your Page Builder 2 or the fix you mention is a “quick and dirty” one, but rather that I would have to make a quick and dirty fix myself until Page Builder 2 was available!

I have done that by making all my “blocked” page non- Page Builder pages – I was really only using Page Builder on them to make them look pretty and to put neater buttons on them. I have used a great plugin called Forget About Shortcode Buttons to insert the buttons instead. It adds a button feature to Tiny MCE editor.

I look forward to using Page Builder 2 to give those pages the very polished version that is achievable with your plugin.

Thanks for your quick response.
    Chris

3. 9 years, 9 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Ahh got you. Thanks for explaining. Sorry, I sent the child theme to a few customers and for some reason thought I had sent you one. The guys are working hard to push 2.0 out. Once it has launched please give it a test and if you feel motivated, let us know how it went for you in terms of WP Members.

4. 9 years, 2 months ago ChrisA

Hi Guys
    Its been a while but I just tested this again using Page Builder 2.1.4 and am sorry to report that if a Page Builder page is flagged as “blocked” it is not still being blocked by WP-Members – so whatever changes were introduced in PB 2 do not seems to work as I had hoped. My alternate approach (not using PB for restricted pages) is still in place – so it’s not a big issue for now but at some point I would like to use the flexibility of Page Builder for these pages if possible.
    Chris

5. 9 years, 2 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Sorry to hear this. Thanks for reporting. I’ll open a new bug report. Hopefully Greg will be able to take a look for PB 2.2.

6. 9 years, 1 month ago Marc Poelstra

Hi Guys,

I ran into the same problem. Since I am just a beginner with WordPress, can you help me with a solution to maintain the WP-Members functionality? Should I just create the pages using the text editor until the bug is resolved?

Marc

• 9 years, 1 month ago Andrew Misplon
      Hi, I Work Here

Hi Marc

We’d like to help you, but can you please start a new thread with your question? We can only offer you the best support possible when you’re the owner of a thread.

Page: New Thread

If you’re a premium user, please be sure to enter your order number so we can properly prioritize your thread.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More