Home>Support>Page 404 Error when trying to edit content in Text Widget

Page 404 Error when trying to edit content in Text Widget

Hello,
I have been trying to edit content for the past couple of weeks in the text widget by SiteOrigin within the PageBuidler plugin. Every time I try to edit the window for editing redirects to Page Not Found 404 Error and then after closing the editing window all the fonts change on the WordPress platform.

I have tried to uninstall every plugin and reinstall one by one. That did not work. I have tried to revert to older versions of WordPress and that did not work. I have tried to upgrade to the newest form of WordPress and that did not work. This error has happened once in the past, but it resolved when I upgraded to the newest version of WordPress. Now I have had no luck. I have page shots of the issues if needed.

What do you recommend I do to fix this error? I would really like to continue using PageBuilder, but at the moment I am ready to switch to something new so that I can actually work on my site.

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 5 years, 7 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Luciapapineau,

Typically when this sort of thing happens it’s as a result of your hosting provider is, for whatever reason, blocking the request – this is a false positive and typically due to overly strict rules. I would reach out to your hosting provider and ask if they’re using something like mod_security and if they are, are you getting blocked?

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More