Home>Support>Next/Previous post link in the bottom of posts

Next/Previous post link in the bottom of posts

Hi,

I have two questions about the NEXT/PREVIOUS POST link in the bottom of posts:

– Is there a way to set those links to only link to posts of the same category of the current post? They seem to point to the NEXT/PREVIOUS published post by date/time, regardless of its category.

– Is there a way to change the appearance of the link, as it is too similar and too close to other elements of the post (and the footer)?

Thanks in advance

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 7 years, 3 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Operti

The easiest way to take control might be to use the plugin WP Page Navi. Here is a child theme that integrates that plugin: https://siteorigin.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/origami-child-page-navi.zip

To install the child, download the ZIP, go to PluginsAdd NewUpload Theme and then activate.

Activating a child theme will cause Customizer settings to reset so I recommend first installing: https://wordpress.org/plugins/customizer-export-import/ and then going to CustomizerImport/Export to download your existing Customizer settings. Once the child theme is activated you can import the settings you exported when the parent theme was activated.

2. 7 years, 3 months ago Operti

Andrew,

Thanks for your reply, but installing the child Origami, it displays a big line of message of error in the footer, and I couldn´t find the source of it.

Page printscreen

Thanks

3. 7 years, 3 months ago Operti

Link for the print screen

Child Origami error

4. 7 years, 3 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Sorry about that, the error is occurring because I haven’t checked for WP-PageNavi before calling its function. You can use the child theme. If you instal WP-PageNavi the error will be removed.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More