Home>Support>‘Newer version of this widget’s content…’ with insert layouts in v2.5+ (Bug)

‘Newer version of this widget’s content…’ with insert layouts in v2.5+ (Bug)

When inserting a single row layout into a page containing previously edited layouts of the same type, I get a ‘newer content’ message when editing a widget.

Clicking ‘Restore’ inserts the content of the last edited widget on that page.

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 7 years, 1 month ago Julian Weaver

I guess this is because of the auto-generated ids: _sow_form_id & widget_id
    Is there some way to regenerate these?

2. 7 years, 1 month ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Julian,

That’s odd. Are you able to replicate this issue in a different browser (I suspect there may be an issue with the stored browser data)?

To clarify, there’s no specific way to regenerate those ids. They’re actually generated and should be checked for unqiueness – do you notice any of them being the same?

Does this only happen for a specific post or post type?

3. 7 years, 6 days ago Julian Weaver

Hi Alex,
    Sorry, I got dragged off this.
    It’s a row combo of Site Origin Image and Editor widgets.
    screen grab

I made a template of a single row. Duplicating the row on the page is fine. Inserting a second row from the template is the issue as the ids are hard coded into it.

4. 7 years, 6 days ago Julian Weaver

image: https://www.dropbox.com/s/012a0ywirc4ncrr/so-duplicate-images.jpg?dl=0

5. 7 years, 3 days ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Julian,

Would it be possible for you to send me an export for the pictured page? To do this open up the page in the editor and click Layout button in the Page Builder toolbar. Then click import/export and then click download. Please upload the export to a 3rd party file hosting site such as teknik.io.

6. 7 years, 1 day ago Julian Weaver

Here’s the export:
    https://tknk.io/idD1

7. 6 years, 11 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Julian,

Sorry for the delay. Can you please clarify what private key you used? I ask as that’s needed to decrypt the file when one is provided.

Alternatively, can you please upload the file without a private key?

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More