Home>Support>Multiple markers on map widget: More than 10 markers not showing

Multiple markers on map widget: More than 10 markers not showing

Hi guys,
thanks for your great widget bundle!

I want to report a bug – and a solution:

Bug:
When updating to 1.13.2, the google maps widget only outputs 10 out of 33 markers in a mpa.
I read about a limitiation in the google API saying that only 50 (formerly: 10) requests per second will bei processed. I also read that you added some kind of delay to bypass this issue. But in v1.13.2 it just doesn’t work.

Solution:
I went to the version archive repository at https://pluginarchive.com/wordpress/so-widgets-bundle/ and installed older versions stepwise downwoards. And when I replaced the google maps JS files from the folder ../so-widgets-bundle/js (sow.google-map.min) with ones from version v1.13.0 – it worked again! So there must be some code in v1.13.0 that makes >10 markers work, which doesn’t work in v1.13.2 anmore.

Just sharing this – for the developers to fix it and for others for using this s a solution until it’s fixed.
Kepp in mind that you can’t automatically update the plugin anymore without destroyng your bugfix ;-)

Best!
Bernd

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 5 years, 9 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Benjamin,

Unfortunately, I can’t seem to replicate this issue. Do you have a public URL where we can take a look at this issue?

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More