Home>Support>Mobile menu 3 bar icon
  1. 8 years, 10 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Edward

Thanks for reaching out.

Unfortunately, this isn’t possible without a fair amount of custom coding. This is beyond the scope of what we can help you with on the forums, but you could hire a developer to implement this for you.

We highly recommend using https://codeable.io/.

2. 8 years, 10 months ago Edward Noneman

Andrew,Thanks for the reply.

3. 8 years, 10 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks for your understanding. If anything else comes up, please, let me know.

All the best.

4. 8 years, 10 months ago Edward Noneman

Andrew,Where can I find the 3 bar icon in mobile if I wish to change its function? Thanks.Ed

5. 8 years, 10 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi :) It would be an intermediate PHP task to change the way the mobile menu functions. It’s unfortunately beyond the scope of small customizations we can help with here on the forums. In the Vantage theme folder, the mobile nav is setup in /premium/extras/mobilenav/mobilenav.php. All WordPress themes overwrite their own folder during theme updates so it isn’t update safe to change this file. Edits would need to be made via a child theme using the filters and actions available in the above-mentioned file.

6. 8 years, 10 months ago Edward Noneman

Andrew,Thank you for the information and your prompt reply.

7. 8 years, 10 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

For sure :)

8. 8 years, 10 months ago Edward Noneman

Andrew, Using the editor, and opening premium/extras/ I am unable to find either mobilenav or mobilenav.php. What am I doing wrong? I would like the mobile menu 3 bar icon to go to the bottom of the page instead of the about us sidebar menu. This would be helpful for long pages requiring scrolling to the bottom of the page to see the menu.

9. 8 years, 10 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Unfortunately, it isn’t update safe to make changes to any files within the Vantage parent theme. All WordPress themes completely overwrite their own folder during theme updates. A child theme should be used when theme files need to be edited. However, when it comes to things like the mobile menu functions, it’s not as simple as copying files from the parent to the child theme, you’d need to use filters to change the functions. I realise this seems like a simple change, unfortunately, it isn’t. It’s beyond our support scope, a developer would need to assist. We recommend Codeable.

10. 8 years, 10 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Edward, I might have a solution. One moment.

11. 8 years, 10 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Apologies. I missed that you had added the Responsive Menu plugin. Right now it’s confusing with two different menus, we ideally need to clean this up and then as a second task we can find a way to link to content.

1. Insert the following at Appearance > Custom CSS:

/* Vantage Menu */

@media (max-width: 800px) {
    	.site-navigation {
    		display: none;
    	}
    }

/* Responsive Menu Plugin */

#click-menu {
        top: 55px;
    }

12. 8 years, 10 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

2. Now for the skip to content link:

* Go to Appearance > Widgets and insert a Text widget into the Header widget area. Insert into that widget the following:

<div>Where God's Truth Meets Real Life</div>
    <div><a href="#main">Skip to content</a></div>

* At Appearance > Custom CSS, insert the following:

/* Header Widget */

#header-sidebar .textwidget div:first-of-type {
    	font-style: italic;
    }

#header-sidebar .textwidget div:last-of-type {
    	display: none;
    }

@media (max-width: 480px) {
    	#header-sidebar .textwidget div:last-of-type {
    		display: block;
    		margin-top: 20px;
    	}
    }

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More