Home>Support>Missing widget

Missing widget

Hi. I’m used to using the widget on my website that allows to display products of certain categories on a page with the ability to switch from one category to another or select all at once. After updating the plugin, the widget is listed as unavailable. It’s not among the disabled or old widgets either. I really like the siteorigin, but the plugin played a very important role on my site. I chose the theme of the site only for the sake of it. So I would like to know if there is any way to get this widget back or maybe it will be available in the near future. I really don’t want to abandon your plugin.

In the error, the widget is specified as widget_Category_Filter and this looked like this https://imageup.ru/img180/4244636/skrinshot-12-03-2023-175859.jpg.html

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 1 year, 6 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi, thanks for getting in touch.

Widgets are made available in WordPress via the core, plugins, or themes. It’s, unfortunately, not up to Page Builder whether a third-party widget is available. Which plugin powers the widget_Category_Filter? Is it perhaps the WooCommerce Product Search extension? If so, is that plugin active?

2. 1 year, 6 months ago Crazy Hamster

This was part of the UShop theme that I used, the entire functionality of which is almost fully related to the SiteOrigin. The error message states that if there are problems, you need to contact this forum, so I decided that this widget was part of the Page Builder plugin by SiteOrigin or SiteOrigin Widgets Bundle, since they were mandatory to install for the theme’s functionality.

3. 1 year, 6 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks for the update. Happy to help. Have you changed themes? Any theme or plugin can add a widget. If the theme or plugin is removed the supplied the widget, the widget will no longer be available.

4. 1 year, 6 months ago Crazy Hamster

Thanks for you reply!
    No, I didn’t change the theme, that’s why I was surprised that widget is not available anymore.

5. 1 year, 6 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks. If plugins haven’t been recently removed and the theme hasn’t changed then it’s a bit of an unknown.

If the theme is a premium theme you can perhaps upload a copy to a cloud storage site and send the link to [email protected]. If the theme is free, please send a link and we’ll take it from there.

6. 1 year, 6 months ago Crazy Hamster

Thank you for your concern! I believe that the problem is precisely with the theme. https://wordpress.org/themes/ushop/

7. 1 year, 6 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks for the link. I do not see any widgets in the theme repository. You could perhaps ask the author if they know which plugin supplies widget_Category_Filter? I’ve checked in the WooCommerce core, I’m not seeing it there either.

8. 1 year, 6 months ago Crazy Hamster

Thank you for your help.

9. 1 year, 6 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks for your understanding; please, let us know how you get on.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More