Home>Support>Menu Changes with vantage premium 2.5.4

Menu Changes with vantage premium 2.5.4

By Pam, 8 years ago. Last reply by Alex S, 8 years ago.

Some interesting and not desired changes to my footer navigation occurred with the 2.5.4 update. It does not look like I can upload screenshots for before and after.
Before the pages were listed with a title I gave them… some were the page titles but others have the title turned off. They were fine.

After the pages are listed and all are underlined! Where did the underline come from? And more importantly, where do I turn it off?

In the editor Appearance>Customise>Menus the Footer preview is NOT underlined but the Pages are listed like this #11 (no title)

Also it seems, as before, that changes I make to things like the background color on the menu bar in Max Mega Menus do not show up.

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 8 years, 12 days ago Pam

This needs an update. The “footer” menus that suddenly acquired underlines were widgets. They were assembled using Appearance>Customize>Widgets>Footer>Custom Menu… building a footer this way is really buried but does a pretty decent job. What I cannot see is where the styling options are for these custom Menus.

2. 8 years, 12 days ago Pam

/* Site Footer Menus – remove unwanted underlines */
    #colophon .widget_nav_menu .menu-item a {
    display: block;
    padding-bottom: 3px;
    margin-bottom: 3px;
    border-bottom: 0px solid #b9b9b9;
    }

3. 8 years, 8 days ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Pam

You can fix this with some custom CSS – there’s no dedicated setting at the moment. There should be two sets of borders being added. Please navigate to AppearanceCustom CSS and add the following CSS

#footer-widgets .widget.widget_nav_menu li:before {
    	content: '' !important;
    	margin: 0 !important;
    }

#colophon .widget_nav_menu .menu-item a {
    	border: 0;
    }

You might also need to install the SiteOrigin CSS Editor.

By the way, as you’re a premium user, you’re entitled to priority email support. If you would like to make use of that, please follow the instructions found on this page. Please reference this thread and include your SiteOrigin order key in the email.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More