1. 9 years, 6 months ago Daniel
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi eso,

Yes you can use custom CSS to align it properly. If you would like further assistance, could you please explain a bit more as to how it should look or how you want it to look?

Cheers!

2. 9 years, 6 months ago eso

Hi from your experience what do you think can be fixed for better look thanks

3. 9 years, 6 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hey eso, you could try centering the menu. Insert the following under Appearance > Custom CSS to give that a go:

/* Vantage center align the main menu */

.main-navigation ul {
    font-size: 0;
    text-align: center;
    }

.main-navigation ul li {
    display: inline-block;
    float: none;
    font-size: 13px;
    }

.main-navigation ul ul li { 
    text-align: left;
    }

4. 9 years, 6 months ago eso

Hi thanks for the fast support the up menus are now aligned correctly but the down menus still need some alignment any suggestion ?

5. 9 years, 6 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Sure. Are you asking what to do about the second line of menu items? There unfortunately isn’t anything we can easily do about that. We can decrease the space between menu items but even then there are too many items to fit on one line, given the theme’s width.

You could consider adding some items as a drop down menu.

6. 9 years, 6 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

If you need info on adding drop down menu items, please see: https://en.support.wordpress.com/menus/.

7. 9 years, 6 months ago eso

Yes the second menu line is not correctly aligned I will try drop down menu list thanks . One more question how I can add to all of my pages back to top link with icon ?

8. 9 years, 6 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

If you want to also decrease padding between menu items a little, try the following advice, 25px value from that thread can be changed as required:

Thread: Adjust Space Between Menu Items

To turn on back to top, go to Appearance > Theme Settings > Navigation> Display Scroll To Top and enable.

9. 9 years, 6 months ago eso

Thanks a lot Misplon keep up the good work SiteOrigin is the best.

10. 9 years, 6 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

For sure, glad we could help out.

All the best with your site.

11. 9 years, 6 months ago eso

now i have an other issue some of my menu items are meant to have 3 pages linked in a vertical drop down list below it, but the first menu item” itself doesn’t actually represent a page just the links for the drop down menus , it looks like i am forced to make a page for the sub menus to work ? i also tried the custom menu but it required URL for external Links .

Thanks for your time and help .

12. 9 years, 6 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Sure, this is easier than you might think. Go to Appearance > Menus, for the parent item, the top item with no link, add a Link instead of a page. You will see Link below Page in the left menu management area. Enter in any URL you like and the link title you want. Then, once the link has been added to the menu you can remove the URL and just leave the link title.

Hope that makes sense.

13. 9 years, 6 months ago eso

ok good it works but it doesn’t show like a normal link when a user mouse hover the top menu item it just opens the sub menus without the normal link icon you can check the “TEST Menu item” if you want http://e-angela.com

Thanks

14. 9 years, 6 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

That’s perhaps best for usability as that page doesn’t go anywhere. If you want your cursor to change for that menu item too, try the following under Appearance > Custom CSS:

/* Menu */

.main-navigation ul li a {
      cursor: pointer;
    }

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More