Home>Support>Live editor not working

Live editor not working

I am having the same issues that others are having with the Page Builder and live editor not working. I followed some of the other post to trouble shoot including different browsers, deactivate and activate SiteOrigin, and changing themes. The live editor worked when I changed my theme to Twenty Twenty as suggest by support in another post and live editor worked and live editor even worked with all my plugins activated. I installed the jQuery Migrate Helper and when I changed my theme back to Business Consultant Plus I got an error. I followed the suggestion on another post to notify the developer of the theme and did so. Is there anything else that you suggest I need to do or have I missed anything? Is there any information I should provide you?

In the meantime I am using another theme that works until I am told that the Business Consultant theme developer has addressed this.

Final note, Thank you for having this forum because it was very helpful in trouble shooting the problems I had.

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 3 years, 11 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Michael

Thanks for reaching out and your feedback, it’s most appreciated.

If a plugin or theme produces a JavaScript error on the page it can prevent other plugins from using JavaScript normally on the page, in this case, the Live Editor. Using the jQuery Migrate Helper plugin is the easiest way to patch the issue until the authors are able to release an update. Besides having a developer fix the issue within the theme, unfortunately, I can’t think of any other solutions at the moment. The jQuery Migrate Helper warning is quite prominent in the WordPress admin but other than that inconvenience, there isn’t any problem using the plugin.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More