Home>Support>Layout Builder Duplicating Content

Layout Builder Duplicating Content

Dear SiteOrigin team,

I’m new to WordPress so if this is the wrong group to ask, I apologize ahead of time.

Using the Sydney Theme, I Added block of text and two Sydney FP call to action buttons within the Layout Builder (SiteOrigins). They are fine but when I try to add another block of text (within another Layout Builder) and two other Sydney FP call to action buttons with different text and links, the original ones are shown instead of my new text and links. I tried refreshing the cache and did not duplicate the original one creating them from scratch.

Is there a way around this or can the Call to action only be used once within Layout Builder?

Thanks

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 8 years, 7 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Trintech,

Do you have a public URL where we can take a look at what’s going on? If you need to keep this URL private from other users, just select “Private Reply” on the bottom right of the comment box.

2. 8 years, 7 months ago Private Message - trintech

This is a private message.

3. 8 years, 7 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Trintech,

Don’t worry about the delay! Consider this an apology for mine.

I’ve taken a look at your website, which looks great by the way, and I can’t seem to spot the issue. Could you please send me your pages layout? You can do this by opening up the page, and then click prebuilt layouts, click import / export in the sidebar, and click the download layout button on the right. Could you please send me this file?

4. 8 years, 7 months ago trintech

Thanks for the response, Alex.

The layout is attached.

I've been trying to add an alternative with the last block.

If you can find something, please let me know.

5. 8 years, 7 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Trintech,

For some reason I can’t seem to see the file. Could you please try uploading it to a 3rd party file host?

6. 8 years, 7 months ago trintech

Good day, Alex.

Try this link …it should let you see the layout. Private Snippet

If possible, see if you can add two different rows with two different call to action buttons like I’ve done and see if you can recreate the problem?

I’ve created (not duplicated) the rows with the widgets in question and it continues to happen.

Thanks for your time on this.

7. 8 years, 7 months ago Private Message - trintech

This is a private message.

8. 8 years, 7 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Trintech,

I’ve taken a look at your layout and I think it might be because of the layout builder widgets you’re using. it looks like you’re using them as rows, which isn’t ideal. I suspect the issue is caused as a result of those layouts as I’m getting significant layout issues as a result of these widgets (specifically due to the Sydney) and the Sydney widgets being placed in them. When they’re not in them the issues seem to resolve themselves.

Could you try removing the layout builder in favour of rows?

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More