Home>Support>Layout blown up with 2.42 update

Layout blown up with 2.42 update

I updated the Vantage (Premium) theme to 2.42 Wednesday and as a result, the layout went whack. Whereas before the overall boxed width of the site was 1080 and the actual page content area was 1050, now my page content area is not contained to 1050. In fact, in some layouts, it exceeds 1080. I’m not sure why it changed, if I actually created the 1050 content area somehow (I do not recall doing anything to set that up), or if it was a default in the page builder plugin that got changed. I cannot figure out how to get that 1050 content area back. It was the entire reason I started using the Vantage theme.

Any thoughts?

URL: http://lagraneboulevard.com

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 9 years, 5 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Rmitche2

Sorry to hear about the hassle. I’m sure we can get things resolved. We’re unable to access your site right now. Please let us know when it’s back up and we’ll take a look.

Thanks

2. 9 years, 5 months ago rmitche2

Hi Andrew,

Not sure why the site was unavailable, but it seems fine now.

Private Snippet

I was trying to explain the page content area issue apparently created by the theme update. Whereas before, the page content area (everything between the header and footer, excluding sliders) was restricted to 1050 max width, now it’s at 1080, the same max width as the header/footer, or even wider. The strange part is, there are places where the 1050 width still exists. The home page has 2 rows with content that are still, unexplainably at the 1050 width, but they’re not lined up with each other. By contrast, the page at Dine/restaurants is exceeding the width of the header/footer. It’s difficult to understand what’s controlling all these random layouts. Before the update, all pages were uniform at 1050.

I’ve had to rebuild several pages to meet client deadlines, but in doing so, I have to add columns at both ends to try and control the width. Not a great solution.

Although not as big an issue as the content width, the row margin issues continues to be frustrating.

Any thoughts?

Rick Mitchell

3. 9 years, 5 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Rick

Thanks for the wait. We’ve made some progress on isolating the cause of the problem. Please try adding the following to Appearance > Custom CSS:

/* Vantage Page Builder Full Width Legacy Fix */

.layout-full .panel-row-style {
      margin: 0 -1000px;
      padding: 25px 1000px 25px 1000px;
    }

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More