Home>Support>Latest on migration to WordPress 5.x

Latest on migration to WordPress 5.x

As I understand it with the latest version of PageBuilder I can just migrate to WordPress 5.x and all existing pages will automatically be tagged as “Site Origin PageBuilder” and work as they do today, without any additional editor plugins required.

Is this correct?

Any things I need to be aware of ?

Is the long term recommendation to migrate them to Block Editor, or just leave them as they are ?

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 5 years, 9 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi,

That’s correct. Please note that if you wish to have new posts default to the Classic Editor you’ll need to enable the Use Classic Editor for new posts setting. This can be done by navigating WP AdminSettingsPage Builder and open the General tab, tick Use Classic Editor for new posts and save.

Is the long term recommendation to migrate them to Block Editor, or just leave them as they are ?

We currently don’t have a general recommendation. I would recommend using whichever editor you prefer using the most. Our plugins work in both editors and will continue to do so for a very long time to come. For reference, we have added two blocks that will allow you to use our plugins in the block editor.

The SiteOrigin Layout block is a full SiteOrigin Page Builder interface in block form.
    The SiteOrigin Widgets block allows you to add SiteOrigin Widgets Bundle widgets directly to your page.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More