Home>Support>Issues with recent updates, had to roll back to 2.10.6

Issues with recent updates, had to roll back to 2.10.6

I have had issues with making updates to any of my Site Origin Page Builder pages since 2.10.6. When I would make changes the row I was working on would be “blank” (even though when checking the code, the content was still on the page).

I am using the Classic editor.

Do you have thoughts or recommendations of how I can keep the most recent version and not have this issue. As of right now, when I update to 2.10.9 I can’t make any changes at all to my PageBuilder pages.

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 5 years, 30 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi, thanks for posting. Are you perhaps using a plugin called Widget Options? There seems to be a conflict with Widget Options and recent versions of Page Builder. Hiding a widget title, for example, can sometimes hide the entire widget. If you aren’t a plugin conflict test would be the next step. Update to the latest version and then temporarily deactivate all plugins not authored by SiteOrigin to see if the issue persists.

2. 5 years, 26 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi, we’ve released an update for Page Builder, please, give it a try. Thanks.

3. 5 years, 25 days ago edumeg

Yes, I have Widget Options enabled. I will try the new Page Builder release. Thanks.

4. 5 years, 25 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks. It should resolve the problem.

5. 5 years, 23 days ago edumeg

Thanks. When I upgrade to the most recent plugin the PageBuilder no longer shows in the page editor. Instead the html has been reverted and placed in the Visual Editor and there isn’t an option to utilize the SiteOrigin Page Builder anymore. Could this be because I have the Classic Editor installed?

Really appreciate your help.

6. 5 years, 23 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Sorry to hear this. This issue isn’t due to the Classic Editor. It’s most likely caused by a JavaScript conflict. If you want to check the console for clues, here is how: https://wordpress.org/support/article/using-your-browser-to-diagnose-javascript-errors/#step-3-diagnosis.

My recommendation would be to do a plugin conflict test as follows:

This sounds like it could be a plugin conflict issue. Can you try disabling all non-SiteOrigin plugins and see if this fixes the issue? You’ll need to clear all your caches after disabling your plugins.

If it does fix the issue, then try re-enabling your plugins one by one until the issue comes back. This procedure will help diagnose which plugin is causing the issue.

Once we know that, we’ll be able to look at what might be causing the conflict and either solve the problem or help you find an alternative plugin.

If you aren’t using a SiteOrigin theme, then you can also try temporarily switching to one of the default WordPress themes to see if the issue is theme related.

7. 5 years, 18 days ago edumeg

Hi Andrew. Thanks for your continued help.

I have gone through and deactivated all plugins but SiteOrigin Page Builder and SiteOrigin Widgets bundle. The issue still remains. I cannot access the Page Builder. When I attempt to edit the text in the “text” or “visual” area, when I click update it does not update.

I did change to a different theme (WordPress default Twenty nineteen) and had the same issues.

I am having this issue on multiple sites, not just one.

Here is a screenshot of what I see on a page when I try to edit it… https://www.educyber.com/wp-content/uploads/Screen-Shot-2019-09-04-at-9.36.58-AM.png

Thanks,

8. 5 years, 18 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks for the update. It’s best to not edit Page Builder content in that state.

Try opening the console in your browser, what errors are present if any. Here is how: https://wordpress.org/support/article/using-your-browser-to-diagnose-javascript-errors/#step-3-diagnosis

9. 5 years, 18 days ago edumeg

Here is a screenshot of errors. It includes errors for siteorigin… I’m not exactly sure how to tell what the issues are though.

https://www.educyber.com/wp-content/uploads/Screen-Shot-2019-09-04-at-10.00.12-AM.png

10. 5 years, 18 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks, I’m checking with the team. In the meantime, please, try using another browser with no browser extensions activated.

11. 5 years, 18 days ago edumeg

Just tried Chrome. Deactivated all browser extensions. When I login — still the same issues with editing/updating not working. Thanks.

12. 5 years, 18 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks for checking that.

While I’m waiting for feedback on my end, you could enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG in your WordPress wp-config.php file and then revisit the issue. Once you’ve done that, check the error log.

https://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-set-up-wordpress-error-logs-in-wp-config/

Set WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG constants to false once testing is complete.

13. 5 years, 18 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks for the wait. The team also think that the errors shown in your console are browser-related. It’s possible that the render-blocking happening at a browser level has broken the Page Builder data for the page in question. Is there any improvement if you rever to a previous revision of the page we’re checking? You can try that using the WP revision functionality in the page.

14. 5 years, 18 days ago edumeg

Hi Andrew,
    tried that too. I reverted to a previous revision and it still doesn’t bring Page Builder back.
    Also, FYI. I just checked to make sure I have the most recent version of Firefox and I do.

This is not happening on all the sites that I work on where I’ve used PageBuilder. Only on some, which makes me think it is a conflict with plugins or themes. Except nothing is remedied when I deactivate plugins or change themes.

Still confused myself as to what is going on. Thanks,

15. 5 years, 18 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks for the update. I’ve confirmed with the team that none of the console errors are from our code, Page Builder collapsing is just the end result of the errors appearing.

Please, try following my feedback above to enable debug and debug log, we, ideally, should see if anything useful is there.

Please, also install Query Monitor and see if any useful errors are presented there.

16. 5 years, 13 days ago edumeg

Hi Andrew:
    After quite a bit of attempts at figuring this out, we found that having PHP-FPM turned on for a site caused PageBuilder to not work properly. It was happening on a few sites we develop/maintain and that was the culprit.

Maybe this helps you for future development/knowledge.

All up and working again. Thanks so much for your help with troubleshooting.

17. 5 years, 13 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks for the update and for working through the problem, it’s most appreciated. I’ll take this information back to the team.

If any SiteOrigin questions arise in the future, feel free to open a new support thread.

All the best with your upcoming projects :)

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More