Home>Support>Issues with 2.4.2 upgrade?
  1. 9 years, 5 months ago Daniel
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Steve

From my end everything seems to be running as expected.

Please perform the following steps:

1. If you use a cache plugin please empty and disable it for now.
    2. Please clear your browser cache.
    3. Finally perform a cache busting reload > Cmd/Ctrl + Shift + R

Cheers :)

2. 9 years, 5 months ago Steve Calaguiro

Thanks for the quick reply Addo. It’s still not working. It might appear to be running as expected on your end because i didn’t explain my problem clearly enough. The header logo img is appearing fine, but the background isn’t showing up. The left side should be white, and the right side should be black, so that the logo appears to extend to the edges of the screen. I’ve tried to change the background to different images under the customize theme heading to see if maybe it was the file, but it won’t change.

Also, some of my custom CSS isn’t working. Specifically some modifications i made to all h3 headlines. Here’s the CSS

.widget_headline-widget h3 {
    padding-top: 0px;
    margin: 0;
    font-size: 14px;
    line-height: 25px;
    color: #464646;
    letter-spacing: 1px;
    font-weight: 500;
    }

I’ve tried inspecting the object with the chrome development tools and there seems to be some other CSS running as well that reads

.widget_headline-widget h3 {
    font-size: 20px;
    }

I’m not sure where it’s coming from. I tried overriding it by putting !important tags on my font-size, but no effect.

3. 9 years, 5 months ago badcat

Had a similar issue from 2.3.3 going to 2.4.2, seemed to resolve itself by choosing Save Settings in the Custom Theme Settings (specifically for me – the Mobile Adaptive Images checkbox) Not sure it’s the checkbox or just cleared a broken cache – either way, it’s fixed and all’s well.

4. 9 years, 5 months ago Steve Calaguiro

Interesting. that didn’t work for me.

5. 9 years, 5 months ago Steve Calaguiro

Still waiting for a solution to this issue. It’s rather urgent. Any suggestions/ideas?

6. 9 years, 5 months ago Greg Priday
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Steve

It appears as if your background image itself is missing. Your CSS is pointing to the following file which is giving a 404 error for me at the moment.

http://niagarafallsmarathon.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/niagara_falls_wallpaper_hd-HD1.png

Can you try reuploading your background image or seeing if you can relocate that file?

7. 9 years, 5 months ago Steve Calaguiro

Ok thanks, i’ll try reuploading it. Any thought on why the CSS isn’t working?

8. 9 years, 5 months ago Steve Calaguiro

Never mind. correct the file path worked, and i found the conflicting CSS. Thanks for the help guys, this thread can be closed.

cheers.

9. 9 years, 5 months ago Daniel
    Hi, I Work Here

Am glad your are making great progress in developing your site :)

Always feel free to open a new thread whenever you require support

Cheers

10. 9 years, 5 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Glad to hear you’re sorted Steve. All the best.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More