Home>Support>Issue with WordPress 5 and Site Origins

Issue with WordPress 5 and Site Origins

Since upgrading to to WordPress version 5, some of my site pages are no longer associated with Site Origins for editing. One page was working ok with Site Origins until I did some page editing, and now it no longer shows Site Origins attached. My version of Site Origins is up to date, and deactivating all other non-Site Origin plug-ins (as suggested on several other posts) does not help.

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 5 years, 9 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Sonny,

I’m really sorry to hear you’re having issues after updating to WordPress 5.0. To confirm, are you saying pages created using SiteOrigin Page Builder prior to updating to WordPress 5.0 aren’t showing up with the page builder interface?

If so, would it be possible for you to create a temporary admin account for us so we can log in and take a look? Oh and please link me to one of the affected pages.

If not, can you please elaborate on the specific issue you’re facing?

2. 5 years, 9 months ago Private Message - Alex S Hi, I Work Here

This is a private message.

3. 5 years, 9 months ago Private Message - WordPress

4. 5 years, 9 months ago Sonny

I have setup a temporary admin account as you requested. Site Origin should have received an email with the temporary password, but in case you are unable to readily find the email, the site is friendsofbigbone.org and the temporary pasword is . Regarding the request for more detail, I took over as admin for this site only a few months ago. The Site Origin plug-in was already installed. Yesterday, after upgrading to WordPress 5.0 I did some editing on the "Donate" page (deleted some information and added a new paragraph). The Site origin plug-in was associated with the page prior to my editing, but now it no longer shows the association.

Sonny

5. 5 years, 9 months ago Sonny

I have complied with your request.

6. 5 years, 9 months ago Private Message - Alex S Hi, I Work Here

7. 5 years, 9 months ago Sonny

Here is a link to the page:

http://www.friendsofbigbone.org/donate/

8. 5 years, 9 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Sonny,

I’ve run a few tests and it looks like your page was somehow converted to Gutenberg somehow.
    Can you please elaborate on the exact edits and adjustments you made for this issue to occur?

Also, does this issue remain if you install the Classic Editor?

9. 5 years, 9 months ago Sonny

Well, I added the classic editor plug-in and made “Classic” the default without the switching option, and now the page in question does display the Site Origins editor when editing, which is good. The only lingering issue is that the””All Pages” selection in the WordPress dashboard still doesn’t indicate Site Origins is attached, even though it is. Guess I can live with that since I know it really is attached now that I added the plug-in.

10. 5 years, 9 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Sonny,

Does the page continue to show up as SiteOrigin Page Builder after disabling the Classic Editor?

The only lingering issue is that the “All Pages”” selection in the WordPress dashboard still doesn’t indicate Site Origins is attached, even though it is

When the Classic Editor is being used, we don’t identify a SiteOrigin Page Builder powered page or not as that is only added when the block editor (ie. Gutenberg) is present and usable.

11. 5 years, 9 months ago Sonny

Everything is okay now. Still not sure what was going on before I added the plug-in, and didn't get any WordPress help from my host (they said it was all too new for them to understand many of the issues), but again, I am now good. Thanks for your help!

Sonny

12. 5 years, 9 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Sonny,

Great to hear! :)
    Please be sure to post another thread if you have any other questions.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More