Home>Support>issue with page builder 2.5 beta2 testing

issue with page builder 2.5 beta2 testing

By Gopu, 7 years ago. Last reply by Gopu, 7 years ago.

hai,

I was testing the beta2 version of page builder 2.5 and noticed an issue. i had an issue before while adding widgets inside layout builder. please see this thread

increase width of content field

in this Andrew suggested a CSS to overcome the problem

#page .panel-grid-cell .my-cell-class .so-panel {
margin-bottom: 0;
}

but now when using beta 2 I find that the gap between two widgets appears again . what is the solution for it? I have used the CSS for building my site and when I update it with the upcoming version that might cause a layout issue.

waiting for a reply.

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 7 years, 6 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Gopu,

Please open the row that houses the widgets and head over to the row styles sidebar. Open the Layout settings group and set the bottom margin to 0. How does that look? Alternatively, if you’re referring to horizontal spacing, alter the gutter.

2. 7 years, 6 months ago Gopu

Hai Alex,

i was not referring to the horizontal spacing.

when widgets are placed inside a ‘layout builder widget’ changing the bottom margin does not show any result. please try this

1) create a row.
    2)add layout builder widget to the row
    3)open layout builder widget
    4)insert two image widget inside this layout builder
    5)now try to change the value of bottom margin inside the layout builder to 0.

i see that no effect is getting applied there still is a gap in between the widgets. so Andrew some time back gave me a css to correct the issue

}

it worked fine but with the new beta version this css is not working. going to setting>pagebuilder>layout>row Bottom Margin to 0 works but that would get affected to all the widets i use and i dont want that. could you please check it out.

3. 7 years, 6 months ago Gopu

update. I tested with beta3 version that released yesterday and tht also has the same problem… Beta Version1 had no issues

4. 7 years, 6 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Gopu,

Ah. Yeah, that’s something I’m in the process of trying to get fixed – it’s complicated.

Regarding the CSS. Where did you set my-cell-class? I ask as you didn’t set it in your step by step instructions. If you haven’t set the custom cell class it makes senses why it wouldn’t work.

5. 7 years, 6 months ago Gopu

oh sorry. i set that in SO custom css plugin .Andrew gave me the CSS before. please refer the thread Thread: increase width of content field

css insert
    custom css

Custom CSS:

}

this is the layout of my work. https://www.dropbox.com/s/1e9tn1l32q1cdj6/layout-04042017.json?dl=0

6. 7 years, 6 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Gopu,

Thank you for providing me with the layout.

To clarify, where are you setting #page? I don’t see it being set anywhere in the provided layout.

7. 7 years, 6 months ago Gopu

Thanks Alex for the reply :)

#page? i set ‘ my-cell-class ‘ in row styles.

screenshot of row
    screenshot row style
    css img

Andrew gave me this css trick before
    solution

in this thread Thread: increase width of content field

8. 7 years, 6 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Gopu,

Okay, so to clarify, what happens if you use the following CSS instead:

.panel-grid-cell .my-cell-class .so-panel {
    }

If not, try:

.my-cell-class .so-panel {
        margin-bottom: 0 !important;
    }

To clarify, I don’t know where you’re setting #page or why Andrew suggested it so I would recommend trying it without it to see if that work.

9. 7 years, 6 months ago Gopu

Thanks Alex for the reply.

I don’t know much about CSS, so I can’t give an answer to the #page question you asked :). I followed the instructions Andrew gave me and it worked fine till now.

the new modified CSS you gave me don’t show any change in the result. still, there is a gap in between. Alex, are you able to rectify the issue with the same CSS you gave me?

and the Beta1 release did not show this issue. but the next two releases beta2 and the recent beta3 release has this issue. so, I think some changes made to the 2and3rd beta versions is causing this issue to occur.

10. 7 years, 5 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Gopu,

To be honest, the second CSS should have removed the spacing (it was my, “at least the second option will work” CSS – there’s no reason for it not to work).

.so-panel {
    }

Does that do anything to remove the spacing for you? If it doesn’t… this spacing isn’t added by the same thing as in the linked thread. Do you have a public URL where we can take a look at what’s going on so I can double check your setup?

11. 7 years, 5 months ago Gopu

Alex i have a live site but that is not working with the new beta version. it works on Version 2.4.25 . is that enough.

https://www.loongtrips.com/things-to-do-in-austria/

is one of the pages that i have used layout builder widget to create the content. i cant find an option now to sent private replies now :()

12. 7 years, 5 months ago Gopu

update,

the new css worked. i will get back to the thread if something comes up thanks Alex.

13. 7 years, 5 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Gopu,

Wait, so this CSS worked?

.so-panel {
    }

Did you try the second to last CSS provided?

}

14. 7 years, 5 months ago Gopu

.so-panel {
    }

this CSS worked.

Alex, for this CSS

}

Where should I paste ‘ my-cell-class ‘ ? if i paste them in ‘cell class’ it does not show any result. like in the thread i referred before.

15. 7 years, 5 months ago Gopu

Alex the only problem is that this css

.so-panel {
    }

gets applied to all the layout builder widget i use. i cant specify to which all layout builder widgets i want this to apply. the earlier css which Alex was useful, but now .. could you tell me a way to specify them to one layout only?

16. 7 years, 5 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Gopu,

You should add my-cell-class to the row class. Please open the row by clicking the wrench icon and head over to the row styles sidebar. Open the Layout settings group and set the row class or cell class to my-cell-class

17. 7 years, 5 months ago Gopu

Alex, adding ‘ my-cell-class’ in Row class only works. Setting them in Cell Class does not show any result. earlier i was setting them in cell class that is why i did not get a result.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More