Home>Support>Issue with Gallery Layout since WP 5.5 Update

Issue with Gallery Layout since WP 5.5 Update

Hello, I am hoping someone can help as I’ve not found a solution in the WP Support Forums… I use SiteOrigin as a post layout builder in WordPress and ever since the latest update to WP5.5, the WP native galleries that I have inserted via the SiteOrigin page builder have not been displaying correctly! They used to be displayed neatly, in masonry style layouts, but now there are just images scattered all over the place and it looks very messy!

Someone on the WP support forum has suggested that it might be something that SiteGround can help with?

I have tried all the usual fixes including deactivation of plugins and re-activating, installed the JQuery Migrate helper plugin, flushing the browser cache etc, but this has not resolved the issue so far.

Here is a link to a blog post which includes a gallery about 3/4 of the way down so you can see how the images are disjointed and displayed. When I published the post (before the WP5.5 update) they were displayed as tiles grouped together in a masonry style layout… https://www.pawsacrossbritain.co.uk/2020/07/st-annes-beach-huts-lytham-st-annes-lancashire.html

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 4 years, 25 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi, thanks for reaching out.

Do the galleries format differently if you insert one into a regular page? That might be a good first test to see where the issue originating.

2. 4 years, 25 days ago pawsacrossbritain

Thanks Andrew – don’t know why I didn’t think of that! Not only does it look like it IS a WP issue, it seems like lots of other people are not complaining of similar issues, hopefully WP will get this sorted with a patch soon! Thanks again!

3. 4 years, 25 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks for trying.

Any idea where the gallery styling was originating from? If you don’t have a plugin/module like Jetpack Tiled Galleries styling the gallery then it’s most likely the theme’s stylesheet handling the gallery layout. In that event, you could perhaps ask the theme author if this is a challenge that falls within their scope of support and influence.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More