Home>Support>‘Invalid Shipping’ on a vantage theme after the WordPress 4.0 update.

‘Invalid Shipping’ on a vantage theme after the WordPress 4.0 update.

We are getting an ‘invalid shipping’ notice on our vantage theme using Woo Commerce. Woo commerce have said that it is likely to be an issue with the theme. Please can you help?

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 10 years, 5 days ago Katie Steel

the site is http://www.pamperparcels.co.uk/ although we are reverting to a backup currently as the site has been unusable for around 4 days.

2. 10 years, 5 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Katie

Sorry to hear about this challenge you’ve run into.

Doing a quick search in Google I do see quite a few other people battling with this same problem. Do you perhaps have a developer assisting you with this site? Are you the developer? Here is a potential route you could look at:

“I finally found a resolution to this issue. The 2.0 update moved the logic that displays the shipping methods on the cart and review order pages to it’s own file, with some changes. If you are using a modified template for these pages as I am, by removing the code that displays the shipping options and pulling the new file with the following code it should work properly. At least it did for me, good luck.”

<?php woocommerce_get_template( 'cart/shipping-methods.php', array( 'available_methods' => $available_methods ) ); ?>

Thread I’m referencing: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/invalid-shipping-method-error-1.

Vantage as it ships by default has only basic integration with WooCommerce. Looking at the supporting code we have I don’t see a solution from our side, at least on this first look anyway.

3. 10 years, 5 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Here is another idea worth just trying out from that same thread:

“I solved it with use settings wooComerse => General => Allowed Countries -> All Countries. Good luck!”

You would unfortunately need to be running the broken version of the site to troubleshoot. It might be worth going over to maintenance mode for that.

4. 9 years, 6 months ago Camellia Strong

Hi. I’m having this same issue on my site and it’s now costing me money to fix it. Does anyone know who I approach to get compensated. I’m not very clear on the contact details.

• 9 years, 6 months ago Andrew Misplon
      Hi, I Work Here

Hi Camellia Strong

We’d like to help you, but can you please start a new thread with your question? We can only offer you the best support possible when you’re the owner of a thread.

Page: New Thread

If you’re a premium user, please be sure to enter your order number so we can properly prioritize your thread.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More