Home>Support>Integrate WordPress Seo Breadcrumbs Into Vantage

Integrate WordPress Seo Breadcrumbs Into Vantage

By gmm128, 9 years ago. Last reply by Allen Hicks, 8 years ago.

Hi Andrew,
I’m currently using breadcrumb navxt (on top of Yoast SEO), and I’d like to simplify, knowing that Yoast SEO offers it’s own solution. To do so I would have to insert the following code in vantage but I don’t know how to do it.
As usual, your help will be appreciated!

<?php if ( function_exists('yoast_breadcrumb') ) {
yoast_breadcrumb('’,”);
} ?>

URL: http://www.gite-herault-maseliers.com/

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 9 years, 9 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi gmm128

Try the following child theme:

https://siteorigin.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/vantage-child-yoast-breadcrumbs.zip

Install the ZIP from Appearance > Themes > Add New: Upload Theme. Test it out, if it works you’ll then need to redo Appearance > Customize and Appearance > Menu settings. Those settings do reset when a child theme is activated.

2. 9 years, 9 months ago gmm128

Hi Andrew,
    I’m not really comfortable with adding yet another child theme :
    a) As you might remember, I already use a child theme for Google structured data, how would a second child theme cohabit with the first one ?
    b) Isn’t it possible to simply place Yoast’s code in the father theme instead od adding a new child one ?
    c) Which solution is better (breadcrumb navxt, which I currently use, vs Yoast SEO) on a seo point of view ? (Because if there’s no improvement why not a simple status quo ?)

And finally, could we expect a forthcoming vantage premium update to address both issues ? (Google structured data and breadcrumb)

3. 9 years, 9 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

We’d need to combine the two, it’s not possible to run two. Unzip the child theme above and copy the header.php into your current child them via FTP. That’s, should be done.

I can’t see that there is any difference in SEO running Breadcrumb NavXT vs Yoast. I’m no expert in this area though. I looked at Breadcrumb NavXT’s output now and it looks pretty thorough.

But for sure, put that new header.php file into your current child theme and compare the output of the two at a source level.

Greg and I had a long bug review session this afternoon. Yoast Breadcrumbs and Google Structured data are both on the list to be implemented.

4. 9 years, 9 months ago gmm128

Hi Andrew,
    Thank you for these informations.
    What will be the implementation timing ?

5. 9 years, 9 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

We’re really stretched at the moment so I unfortunately can’t say. Vantage needs an update to help with Page Builder 2.0 features but it will most likely be a crucial item only update. Your child theme is solid, it’s not a hacked or wrong way to handle things. Shouldn’t impact performance either. How are you finding my instructions for copying the header.php from this most recent child theme into your existing child theme? Need a hand with that?

The changelog is here: http://updates.siteorigin.com/readme/vantage/. Once the feature you want comes out you could remove that aspect of the child theme.

6. 9 years, 9 months ago gmm128

I’m sure your instructions for copying the header.php are ok but I’ve no ftp available on the hosting site. The guy there is cool, but he is not supposed to do it for me on a shared platform.
    But don’t worry, you did the child theme for Google Structured data, now up and running, and I still have breadcrumb navxt to wait a little bit.
    I was just wondering on the time scale : is it a matter of weeks or months ?

7. 9 years, 9 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

If you have cPanel or similar access you could also upload from a hosting file manager.

I unfortunately can’t say right now, given the time of year and the tasks that are in front of this one, I doubt it will be weeks.

8. 8 years, 8 months ago Allen Hicks

Hi

I added the yoast line to vantage premium but can’t see anything. Tried the child theme same problem.

http://www.easyfitsaddles.com/

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More