Home>Support>Insert Read MoreTag

Insert Read MoreTag

HELP! I really need help with using the Insert Read More Tag. I have started placing it in my blog posts, but when I click on it it goes to a page that has no content in it. I need to configure my insert read more tag properly so it goes to the full text of my blog. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks.

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 8 years, 7 months ago SiteOrigin
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi David

Do you have a public URL where we can take a look at what’s going on? If you need to keep this URL private from other users, just select “Private Reply” on the bottom right of the comment box.

2. 8 years, 7 months ago David Price

Hi. My URL is: http://www.intelligentsportssolutions.com/. If you click on Continue Reading tag it goes to a page that says:

That page can’t be found.

It looks like nothing was found at this location. Maybe try one of the links below or a search?

I need to have this link to go to a page with the full blog post. Thanks.

3. 8 years, 7 months ago SiteOrigin
    Hi, I Work Here

Is there a post in particular this happening with? If I click on the following heading I go to the post, both from the headline and the button:

http://www.intelligentsportssolutions.com/sports-technology-products-services/152-2/rugby-style-tackling

4. 8 years, 7 months ago David Price

If you go to my site: http://www.intelligentsportssolutions.com/ and scroll down to the bottom you will see a post entitlted DEPODESTA: FOOTBALL’S MONEYBALL. If you click on the Insert Read More Tag it goes to a page saying “Page Cannot Be Displayed”

5. 8 years, 7 months ago David Price

I’m sorry, the button says “Continue Reading”

6. 8 years, 7 months ago David Price

Could this be how I am setting up my categories and how I attach each post to a category? Thanks

7. 8 years, 7 months ago SiteOrigin
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi David

Would it be possible for you to create a temporary admin account for us so we can log in and take a look? You can create the account with the following email address:

[email protected]

Just navigate to UsersAdd New in your WordPress admin. Enter siteorigin for the username and [email protected] for the email address. Make sure you’ve selected Administrator for the role and enabled the Send Password field so we receive the details.

Once we’re finished taking a look, you can delete this account. We’ll let you know when to do that.

8. 8 years, 7 months ago David Price

Ok, I create a temporary admin account for you with details you requested. Thanks for your help.

9. 8 years, 7 months ago Private Message - SiteOrigin Hi, I Work Here

This is a private message.

10. 8 years, 7 months ago Private Message - SiteOrigin Hi, I Work Here

11. 8 years, 7 months ago David Price

I went into my dashboard and did: Users Add New in your WordPress admin. I entered siteorigin for the username and [email protected] for the email address. Make sure you’ve selected Administrator for the role and enabled, however I do not see the Send Password field. Let me know if that works. Thanks

12. 8 years, 7 months ago Private Message - SiteOrigin Hi, I Work Here

13. 8 years, 7 months ago David Price

Hi. I am still having a problem with the content on my home page. Whenever I click the “read more” tag or Click on a “recent posts” I always go to a “page cannot be displayed” page. Here is the URL one more time: intelligentsportssolutions.com. Theme is Vantage Premium. I am pretty stuck here. No one can read the entire blog or recent blogs. Your help is really appreciated. Thanks.

14. 8 years, 7 months ago David Price

Do you need me to give you my login credentials in order for you to login?
    Also,  I am still having a problem with the content on my home page. Whenever I click the “read more” tag or Click on a “recent posts” I always go to a “page cannot be displayed” page. Here is the URL one more time: intelligentsportssolutions.com. Theme is Vantage Premium. I am pretty stuck here. No one can read the entire blog or recent blogs. Your help is really appreciated. Thanks.

15. 8 years, 6 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi David

So sorry for the delay. The last time this thread was attended to, unfortunately, we were unable to login or reset our password. Please, contact me on Private Snippet. We’ll get user access setup for SiteOrigin and help resolve any outstanding challenges as quickly as possible.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More