Home>Support>Ie 11 Layout?

Ie 11 Layout?

Hi there – I remember coming across this layout issue in the internet explorer 11 browser before, and we got around it by selecting the “always use legacy” setting in page builder.

Now a couple of years later I’ve managed to find another client who wants to use ie 11! I can sort it as before “always use legacy” but I feel this is the wrong thing to do as technology has moved on, and most other people will be using more modern alternatives to view their site.

Firstly, can you think why the “auto detect old browsers” doesn’t seem to be working on ie.11?

Or is there any way to insist on the legacy layout, but ONLY for ie11???

Cheers

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 4 years, 3 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Speedyp

Thanks for sending your question. Can you perhaps send a link to a page showing a layout issue in IE11? We’ll check and try to advise from there.

2. 4 years, 3 months ago Speedyp

Thanks Andrew.

You could see the issue on this dev site:
    https://limetreedigital.co.uk/rocksalt/equipment/rovs/

What happens is there is a massive white space gap appears between the top image and the following content. This only happens when the browser is resized down to mobile width. It's difficult for me to recreate as I don't use ie and if I use edge then I have to use the "load as internet explorer"
    option.

Using the "always use legacy" setting resolves this, but like I said, just seems like a massive step backwards when this only seems to effect anyone still using ie.11 ??

3. 4 years, 3 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks for confirming.

We’ll log an issue on our side and look into IE 11 auto-detection to see if there is anything we can do there. I’ll update you once we’ve taken a look.

Flexbox is only partially supported in IE11 due to various bugs. The newer Page Builder layout uses Flexbox, that’s where the issue arises.

IE11 is no longer supported by Microsoft but I realize these are hard conversations to have if users have unique audiences or situations.

For now, the solution will be to use the “always use legacy” option.

4. 4 years, 3 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

We’ve logged the legacy detection issue, Alex will attend, most likely this week https://github.com/siteorigin/so-widgets-bundle/issues/1041. The issue on GitHub will be updated once Alex has taken a look.

5. 4 years, 3 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Please, find a beta release of Page Builder at the following link:
    https://siteorigin.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/siteorigin-panels.1.17.1-beta.zip

To try this version, deactivate and delete Page Builder then install the ZIP file from PluginsAdd NewUpload Plugin. Let us know how it goes. Thanks.

6. 4 years, 3 months ago Speedyp

Wow! Thankyou Sooo much Andrew. Seems to work perfectly. Thanks for taking the trouble, especially over an obsolete / unsupported browser.

Thanks again :)

7. 4 years, 3 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Super, thanks for testing and confirming. I’m glad we could help.

If SiteOrigin questions arise in the future, please, let us know.

Cheers for now :)

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More