Home>Support>Icons Not Showing

Icons Not Showing

I just purchased the Vantage Premium WordPress theme today. I had the free one installed, but wanted to show my support for what I believe is one of the best WordPress themes out there.

The problem I have is no different now with the Premium install than when I had the free version.

There are icons that simply won’t display. The search icon, jump to top icon, and left/right icons for the Post Look (PB) widget all don’t show. In Google Chrome, they are just small boxes. The small boxes don’t even show with Internet Explorer.

I read somewhere that the icons were replaced with webfonts.

Ideas?

URL: http://goo.gl/N0Mg3f

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 9 years, 10 months ago Houston

I meant Post Loop (PB) widget.

2. 9 years, 10 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Houston

Thanks for your support, we appreciate it.

We’ve seen this problem occur on upgrade. If you’re running a caching plugin, please clear it’s cache. We believe though that the problem might be caused by caching at a server level. The containers are very similar to the previous version with a small change being made to image, which is now a webfont. We’ve seen this clear up in a day or so when the server’s cache updates.

Please can you check back in 24hrs and see if the problem has resolved. If there is a caching plugin installed in your WP installation, please try clearing it.

Thanks

3. 9 years, 10 months ago Houston

I didn’t have a caching plugin installed. I installed WP Super Cache, cleared the cache, and now none of the icons show (including the icons for the Vantage Social Media widget.

4. 9 years, 10 months ago Houston

And thanks for the reply. I’m looking forward to getting this fixed. I really like this theme!

5. 9 years, 10 months ago Dave Molière

Hi there,
    I got exactly the same problem.

Hopefully this will be resolved soon :-)

cheers

• 9 years, 10 months ago Andrew Misplon
      Hi, I Work Here

Hi Dave

Please open a new thread and we’ll be with you ASAP. Thanks.

6. 9 years, 10 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Houston

Taking another look I believe the issue is that your site assets are being loaded from http://houstonlaney.apps-1and1.com/ and not from your display domain houstonlaney.com. Font based icons like Font Awesome (social widget) and our own theme icons used for search and back to top unfortunately don’t load when requested from another domain.

David Walsh covers a possible fix here: davidwalsh.name/cdn-fonts.

Alternatively you’d need to look into your hosting setup.

7. 9 years, 10 months ago Houston

Thanks Andrew. When installing WordPress via 1&1, they setup a subdomain (the one you referenced above) and direct it to the directory where WordPress is installed. After I directed my main domain to that directory, I didn’t realize I also had to change the WordPress URL in the General settings since both addresses point to the same directory.

Thanks again. Keep up the great work!

8. 9 years, 10 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

No problem. Please be careful when doing this change as it’s possible to lock yourself out. If you do that it’s a pretty easy fix via wp-config.php but rather do it right the first time.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Changing_The_Site_URL

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More